C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Suspension question 94

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 11:35 PM
Lawman31
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Suspension question 94

73,000 miles, replaced shocks with KYB, nice ride on freeway etc... however, when I hit bumps on regular roads the car tends to skip to one side or the other a bit. I remember reading another post about specific reasons why these cars do this, but forgot what it was. I am thinking new ball joints?? The suspension is all factory with the exception of the shocks.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:41 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Its the stock alignment on the C-4s will let the thing go from side to side when you hit bumps ruts ECT, in the road .. Its been years scene I had fooled with a C-4 but read up on the alignment to stop this and you will pleased on the results .. Sorry I don't any more details but is easy to find .. Al C-4s have the same problem .. I have owned 4 and had them all realigned drove like a different car..
Old 10-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Lawman31
Racer

Originally Posted by radar502
Its the stock alignment on the C-4s will let the thing go from side to side when you hit bumps ruts ECT, in the road .. Its been years scene I had fooled with a C-4 but read up on the alignment to stop this and you will pleased on the results .. Sorry I don't any more details but is easy to find .. Al C-4s have the same problem .. I have owned 4 and had them all realigned drove like a different car..
Okay, thanks... I’m sure it does probably need an allignment. I was going to install new ball joints and tie rod ends anyway, so I will just add an allignment at the same time.

with so many different ball joints out there, has anyone done this and can point me in the right direction on which parts to buy? I know that the front upper ball joints are secured by rivets, but seems like all the replacements are just bolted in?

Last edited by Lawman31; 10-05-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:59 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Yes all the replacements are bolted . Do jot go with factory alignment you will be right back to were you started with the thing handling like crap .. I'll se if I can't find the alignment chart to fix your C-4 were as it will drive right ..
Old 10-05-2018, 11:14 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Lawman31

Okay, thanks... I’m sure it does probably need an allignment. I was going to install new ball joints and tie rod ends anyway, so I will just add an allignment at the same time.

with so many different ball joints out there, has anyone done this and can point me in the right direction on which parts to buy? I know that the front upper ball joints are secured by rivets, but seems like all the replacements are just bolted in?
https://tech.corvettecentral.com/201...ignment-specs/ Use this guide NOT the factory set up ,you will think your in a different car .. Had 4 C-4s and used this guide you will like driving all over again .. Been their done that ..
Old 10-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Lawman31
Racer

Originally Posted by radar502
https://tech.corvettecentral.com/201...ignment-specs/ Use this guide NOT the factory set up ,you will think your in a different car .. Had 4 C-4s and used this guide you will like driving all over again .. Been their done that ..
Awesome, GREAT information thanks... I guess I will go with “daily driver” since I am just looking for the car to drive straight down the road in regular daily traffic.

Get notified of new replies

To Suspension question 94

Quick Reply: Suspension question 94