C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 06:30 PM
corvette92racer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound System

Hey guys,
My 1992 chevy corvette coup sound system has started to go bad. The amps on the passenger side are dead and the rear speakers need replacement as they are lacking in sound quality. I could replace the amps $140 each and rear speakers $50 each to maintain the stock system but over time I will lose time and money. I figure If I replace it with a totally new system I save money in the long run get more features and for my money its the best. I plan to keep the car forever, I know most would say keep it stock and get a bluetooth amp for $140 to connect to the radio but tell me your opinions. I believe this fits best in the car with minor work and I could have it installed by someone. Ill have to get new speaker wire obviously and fiddle with the wiring but tell me your ideas and opinions please.
Thoughts on this sound system upgrade...
For the front:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL5...lub-5000C.html
For the rear:
JBL Club 6520
For the radio:
Kenwood DDX375BT
Radio comes with wiring harness and double din dash kit free

Any other suggestions or is this the best long lasting quality sound system for a guy who likes heavy metal and hip hop rap music with good bass.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:42 AM
RalfKramden
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Sound systems are very subjective. I personally like Infinity speakers, find they have great sound (to my ears). I changed out my Bose system b/c, like you, I'm keeping the car forever and am not concerned about keeping it stock. You may want to add an amp and subwoofer to your list to improve the bass. Wish I could have shoe-horned a head unit like this into my 88 but no joy there. Good luck with your new system.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:16 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by RalfKramden
You may want to add an amp and subwoofer to your list to improve the bass.
Hmmm...

What did fellow forum members say in your other, IDENTICAL THREAD THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE RESPONSES IN?

Last edited by Tom400CFI; 12-16-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:22 AM
corvette92racer
Advanced

Thank you #repsect
Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 AM
corvette92racer
Advanced

I don't know could you check for me? I didn't see them yet? lol
Old 12-19-2018, 09:46 AM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Well? ya post two identical posts...you've already gotten good answers and advice in the first one...you're getting the exact same answers in your second.... How many of the same exact post do you need?

It sounds like your mind is made up as to what you want to do, regardless of the number of duplicate posts. You should proceed and see how it turns out IMO. What ever the result, it's you working on your car and that will improve the relationship with your car.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:27 PM
corvette92racer
Advanced

Apparently I need a few more of those identical posts cause while I got good responses in my first one the second one turned out to be one good comment and another which didn't help me at all. Isn't the point of the forum to get advice? Stating the obvious doesn't help me bud and making more than one post clearly didn't affect anyone but you. Besides that thanks for the input and way to support your fellow forum members! I did install the new system in my car and it turned out great. If you need advice or anything I can help.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:49 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Originally Posted by corvette92racer
....thanks for the input and way to support your fellow forum members!
I sense some sarcasm. Not sure why because I did provide input and support. I gave you good, sound advice that was backed up by others -in both threads. My advice, in case you missed it was right HERE

Originally Posted by corvette92racer
I did install the new system in my car and it turned out great. If you need advice or anything I can help.
I'm quite alright, thank you. Glad you got it installed and are happy with it. That's the goal, after all.

Get notified of new replies

To Sound System

Quick Reply: Sound System