C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Repacing teh Harmonic Dampener

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 03:39 PM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts
Default Repacing teh Harmonic Dampener

I think I've read so much on this I've confused myself.

I noticed the rubber was deteriorating when I changed the Opti. I got one from the parts store and it created a vibration and you could see the outer part was not centered on the inner part, so I put the old one back on. Vibration is gone but I still need to address the condition.

Eckler's sells a dampener like OEM. But reading the FSM. I would have to transfer any weights put in at the factory. How is this done?
Do all OEM dampeners have the same holes and weights are added where needed?
How the heck do you remove the weights?

I t seems like the non-OEM options require removing the hub as well. I'd prefer to stay with the OEM.

I'm also considering sending it to the Damper Doctor for rebuild. Anyone dealt with them?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Whaleman
Melting Slicks

Received 789 Likes on 565 Posts

Damper Doctor,from the website, appears to know what they are doing. If their cost was less than or equal to new I would probably go that way. At least I would know an expert inspected it and passed it as opposed to some Chinese guy making a dollar a day. Dan
Old 01-10-2019, 02:55 AM
jseremba
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Okay, problem here. I replaced my harmonic balancer. I thought that is was balanced and just got installed on the shaft. What can or should I do about this. Is there anything to do. Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Repacing teh Harmonic Dampener

Quick Reply: Repacing teh Harmonic Dampener