C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

L98 transmission adaptor plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 02:45 AM
Korsou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L98 transmission adaptor plate

Hello guys,

In my search for adapting a 6 speed to my 1988 Vette I have come across adaptor plates for LSX engines etc.
Got me thinking, is there any adaptor plate out there for the L98 engine to a Nissan 350/370Z tranny or to a BMW tranny or anything like that?
I have for one from Collins but it is for an LSX engine, asked to see if it works for the L98.

Any help would be great. In Spain coming across transmissions is extremely expensive.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Which 6spd? Bell housing will need to match transmission. The mount for the C beam will need to be fabricated. The tunnel will need cut for shifter. The ZF would be easiest choice.

Last edited by Kevova; 01-10-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Korsou
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kevova
Which 6spd? Bell housing will need to match transmission. The mount for the C beam will need to be fabricated. The tunnel will need cut for shifter. The ZF would be easiest choice.
I fully agree with you but getting ZF in Europe is extremely difficult and expensive.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Vauxhall used the LS / T56 in a few models. Being part.of several U.S. car enthusiasts clubs could broaden resources. I met an Aussie years ago in NC. He was shipping containers of auto parts back and forth to Australia a couple times a year. So it's not necessarily quick but it is possible.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Korsou
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kevova
Vauxhall used the LS / T56 in a few models. Being part.of several U.S. car enthusiasts clubs could broaden resources. I met an Aussie years ago in NC. He was shipping containers of auto parts back and forth to Australia a couple times a year. So it's not necessarily quick but it is possible.
I fully agree. Possible is almost everything but that option is pricy

And that is why I am exploring other options

Get notified of new replies

To L98 transmission adaptor plate

Quick Reply: L98 transmission adaptor plate