C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Lights for uk mot test

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 12:12 PM
Simon Dickens
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights for uk mot test

Hi guys the vette is nearly ready for its mot test but I've just noticed something with the lights .
for your information the car is a jdm import Japanese domestic market into the uk.
it has the correct rear lights with outer rear lens being half red and orange lens I've also fitted a seperate rear fog light with illuminated switch.
but here is where I'm not sure 🤔

when pull the light switch witch to first position the amber indicators light up in the front bumper bar but lights don't pop up is this correct ?
if you put turn signal on the amber turn signal flashes in the bumper but also the white light on the side of the front bumper lights up accordingly .
I assume the amber ones are sidelights ?
them headlight are only dip and main beam ?
if that's the case I don't think you can have amber front side lights .

will I have to cut the side light feed to the amber lamps in the bumper so they don't come on 1st position of headlight switch and only work with the indicators just pull light switch fully out and use as side /dip lights ?
I don't know the regs for this for the European market
or have I missed something

thanks guys 👍
Old 01-14-2019, 01:24 PM
belairbrian
Melting Slicks

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

It would help to know the year, but in general
The headlights will not open until you go to the second notch on the headlight switch. But they should stay up but lights out if you go back to the first detent. They will only close when the switch is returned to off.

On my 92 the side front amber also flashes in alternate pattern to the turn in the front. Solid with the turns off.

The white cornering lights will be on solid for the side with the signal active.

The white on the rear sides are tied to the reverse lights.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:22 AM
FelixP
Racer

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm in the UK with a Canadian import C4. My front headlights have been changed so there's a sidelight in the headlight assembly. It's a standard size, you should be able to get some with this design? For the rear fog it's wired into the rear lights, so I can retain all red rear lights. My rear indicators are where the reverse lights are at the side of the numberplate.

Attachment 48349687
Old 01-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Simon Dickens
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply my car is a 1987
nice car felix same colour as mine

It's getting there lol

Get notified of new replies

To Lights for uk mot test

Quick Reply: Lights for uk mot test