C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Code 76 Lateral Acceleration Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Joelbbvette
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Code 76 Lateral Acceleration Sensor

Need help as I have the Service ABS Light on in my 90 ZR-1 (11,750 car). I am trying to figure out if the radio has to be removed to get to this and where do folks go for replacements? Can they be disassembled and rebuilt/cleaned? Seems to be a semi common issue yet found no videos on Youtube or the like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel
Old 01-21-2019, 03:49 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 875 Posts

On my 1988 C4 I had the dashboard apart and I noticed that my lateral acceleration sensor was actually loose on the floor pan with it's wires attached. I contemplated moving it but instead replaced the original rivets with SS screws. My car is no where as advanced as your car but the sensor is under the shifter area on the older C4's.

On the 1988 C4 the sensor is non serviceable unit that secures to the floor pan in a "specific orientation". Your dash is different but I would bet GM stuck your in a similar place under the center console.

The original factory rivets rusted away on my 1988, you should see if it is loose like mine was. A Lateral Acceleration Sensor does not do much when it is wagging around as you corner fast when it supposed to be sending important info to your ABS system about how the car is mov

Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2019, 05:58 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,290 Likes on 872 Posts

Yes the radio needs to be removed. There are two 7mm screws holding the lat accelerometer in place. You can usually get by with pulling it and whacking it against your palm to free it up.

They are not serviceable. Buying a used one is your only option.
The following users liked this post:
Joelbbvette (01-21-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Code 76 Lateral Acceleration Sensor

Quick Reply: Code 76 Lateral Acceleration Sensor