Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hood vent / aero / Trackspec

Old 03-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Aardwolf
CF Senior Member

Default Hood vent / aero / Trackspec

I've been working on a long overdue project for hood venting. There are some options out there though Trackspec look the best. I have some templates from them but they end up being backwards in the direction they match the hood best. They are going to send two more templates and I'll update pictures then. Once installed I will block off the gap behind the radiator.

Pics of the vents starting behind the radiator, note these are C5 side hood vents backwards.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:36 PM
drcook
CF Senior Member

I put functional vents into the fenders on my 2500HD diesel pickup. Just sitting idling (when the fan comes on) you can feel the hot air being expelled. Vents are always a good idea in my mind. Don't always work the best if it rains though. (my side vents don't allow water in). But if you don't drive in the rain, that won't be an issue.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Aardwolf
CF Senior Member

Trackspec has just finished a C4 specific kit. I'll post some pix of those templates prob this week.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:55 PM
l98tpi
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

Just my opinion, but I think your vents are too far forward on the hood. I think you need to be over the center of the engine. I use tack spec vent. I was considering using those style vents you have there on the wheel wells to relieve pressure from the wheel wells. Here is a pict of my vent.
Attached Images   
Old 03-13-2019, 08:03 AM
Aardwolf
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by l98tpi View Post
Just my opinion, but I think your vents are too far forward on the hood. I think you need to be over the center of the engine. I use tack spec vent. I was considering using those style vents you have there on the wheel wells to relieve pressure from the wheel wells. Here is a pict of my vent.
Further back is not possible to seal the radiator to the hood. The radiator tips really far forward in the stock shroud. Boxing it in will be after sealing the bottom. It's going to be interesting to see what their C4 kit looks like! John said it did have wheel well pieces.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:24 PM
l98tpi
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Sinkhole Donor

What is your intention for sealing radiator to the hood? Are you paneling the underside of the car?

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: