C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85í vacuum hoses

Old 04-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Mason123

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 85í vacuum hoses

My 85 in idle will show RPMís all over the place. Itís not steady. Sometimes the car will stall and die.

my vacuum hoses are messed up. Can that cause the issue and how can I go about fixing it?

also, whatís that circle looking thing above the battery. Drum looking thing?
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 PM
VikingTrad3r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 395 Times in 367 Posts

its the cruise control controller.
there was a guy here a few weeks ago eith vac lines from an 85 in a thread. did u search forum? should be able to find his posts. your vacuum system MUST be up to spec especially on the 85. it doesnt handle compensation as well as 86 and later.

repair vac lines
do minimum idle procedure
report back
Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 PM
Mason123

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r View Post
its the cruise control controller.
there was a guy here a few weeks ago eith vac lines from an 85 in a thread. did u search forum? should be able to find his posts. your vacuum system MUST be up to spec especially on the 85. it doesnt handle compensation as well as 86 and later.

repair vac lines
do minimum idle procedure
report back
i tried to find out how to fix the vacuum lines but I donít know how. Any tips ?
Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM
confab
CF Senior Member

Liked 310 Times in 275 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1585483576

Measure them, or just cut pieces as samples, and go to the part store and get some new lines of the same size and replace them.

Last edited by confab; 04-16-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:47 PM
85vegasvette
CF Senior Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

I had the same issue when changing my injectors the plastic shattered, and the diagrams help alot, i have an 85 also , now i never had the check valve off of the plenum in the back, i ran it to the vacum tank, my idle is almost solid, and i have cruise,as and heat so sometimes it just works without knowing why
Old 04-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Mason123

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85vegasvette View Post
I had the same issue when changing my injectors the plastic shattered, and the diagrams help alot, i have an 85 also , now i never had the check valve off of the plenum in the back, i ran it to the vacum tank, my idle is almost solid, and i have cruise,as and heat so sometimes it just works without knowing why
think you can give me a bit of assistance? I donít understand the diagram much and Iím confused exactly where these vacuum hoses go and stuff. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: