Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

PKE System Help_Knowledge Needed Please!

 
Old 05-02-2019, 09:16 AM
  #1  
Phil95LT1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Phil95LT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PKE System Help_Knowledge Needed Please!

Hey guys. So my 95LT1 did not come with a fob. Ok fine. So I have recently decided to finally tackle this project. I ordered a new fob from Bree the original designer of the system for GM.
Question 1 - when I try to put the system into program mode it will not go. My PKE light does NOT come on when key is turned to the one position. So I think, hey maybe itís disabled? But should it still go into program mode even if it is disabled?
Question 2 - Do I have to have a fob in or near the car to even start the program mode? I feel like this should. Or matter. From what I read I should be able to go into program mode at anytime.
Question 3 - If my PKE is disabled and the fob I purchase hasnít been programmed to my car yet how can I enable the system?
Question 4 - Is my PKE module bad? And how do I really know it is? Is this the only possible thing it could be? I donít want to buy a new module if there is or may be something Iím missing???

Some have told me to get over it and donít worry about the fob or yawing the system. But I am a guy who likes for things to work as they were intended to. Plus I believe when working and programmed properly it would be very nice and convenient.

Thank you you for your read and your time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Phil
Phil95LT1 is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:10 AM
  #2  
pacoW
CF Senior Member
 
pacoW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 366
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
Hey guys. So my 95LT1 did not come with a fob. Ok fine. So I have recently decided to finally tackle this project. I ordered a new fob from Bree the original designer of the system for GM.
Question 1 - when I try to put the system into program mode it will not go. My PKE light does NOT come on when key is turned to the one position. So I think, hey maybe itís disabled? But should it still go into program mode even if it is disabled?
Question 2 - Do I have to have a fob in or near the car to even start the program mode? I feel like this should. Or matter. From what I read I should be able to go into program mode at anytime.
Question 3 - If my PKE is disabled and the fob I purchase hasnít been programmed to my car yet how can I enable the system?
Question 4 - Is my PKE module bad? And how do I really know it is? Is this the only possible thing it could be? I donít want to buy a new module if there is or may be something Iím missing???

Some have told me to get over it and donít worry about the fob or yawing the system. But I am a guy who likes for things to work as they were intended to. Plus I believe when working and programmed properly it would be very nice and convenient.

Thank you you for your read and your time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Phil
hate to be the barer of bad news and this is just a guess (from my experience) but your PKE module is probably shot..... if you can't get it into programming mode. my '96 is/was the same, I checked before I bought the FOB.
pacoW is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:15 AM
  #3  
Phil95LT1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Phil95LT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I kinda figured this. Did you replace your module?
I know the job isnít difficult but I heard itís not a plug and go that you have to do some programming with or to related to the module swap. Do you know?

Phil
Phil95LT1 is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 10:52 AM
  #4  
pacoW
CF Senior Member
 
pacoW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 366
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
I kinda figured this. Did you replace your module?
I know the job isnít difficult but I heard itís not a plug and go that you have to do some programming with or to related to the module swap. Do you know?

Phil
best I could find on a salvage PKE module was $100 or so. Add to that the FOB(s) which aren't cheap either, and it's just not worth it for me. Pulling the dashpad doesn't sound fun either. Plus if I wanted I could wire up a cheap aftermarket remote lock system for $30 or $40 bucks.
pacoW is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 AM
  #5  
markKlein
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Boulder Co
Posts: 1,779
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
I kinda figured this. Did you replace your module?
I know the job isnít difficult but I heard itís not a plug and go that you have to do some programming with or to related to the module swap. Do you know?

Phil
Just saw this post. You should be able to enter programming mode without a fob. Check the fuses: 26, 40 and 42. Make sure the buttons are all functioning correctly. You don't need to do any programming changes to put in a replacement PKE module (it is plug & go) , but I understand it is quite a chore.
markKlein is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Phil95LT1 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 02:49 PM
  #6  
Phil95LT1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Phil95LT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thank you. Not sure how to check the buttons? Maybe take it apart and clean the contacts. Fuses are good!
guess I know what Iím doing on Saturday morning.
Phil95LT1 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:03 PM
  #7  
pacoW
CF Senior Member
 
pacoW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 366
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
Thank you. Not sure how to check the buttons? Maybe take it apart and clean the contacts. Fuses are good!
guess I know what Iím doing on Saturday morning.

Steps to put PKE into programming mode, have you tried this. So if your TRIP ODO, and FUEL INFO buttons will cycle the display in the LCD then you know the buttons are working.


1. Move all transmitters out of range.
2. Turn the ignition key on.
3. Push TRIP OD0 on the Driver Information Center
twice.
4. Within five seconds, press and hold FUEL INFO
until the PASSIVE KEYLESS ENTRY light
comes on.
5. Turn the ignition off, but leave the key in the
ignition. The PASSIVE KEYLESS ENTRY light
should begin to flash to show the system is in
programming mode.
6. Bring one transmitter into range. The light will stop
flashing and stay on to show that the codeis stored.
7. Move the transmitter out of range. The light should
start flashing again.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 with each additional transmitter.
pacoW is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 03:56 PM
  #8  
Phil95LT1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Phil95LT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Yes my buttons work. I use them regularly Iím not sure why I didnít realize that. Lol
when i try and put it in program mode the pke light never comes on. Also, it doesnít come on during initial start up when the rest of the dash light do?
Does this mean I need a new PKE module?
there are a few on eBay for about $100 bucks.
Just donít know if I will get a working one.
Any other tricks I can try? Also, Iím not sure where to find those lil gray build holders that are in the dash Info area. I will upload a pic in a few hours. Thought I had one on my phone
Phil95LT1 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM
  #9  
pacoW
CF Senior Member
 
pacoW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 366
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
Yes my buttons work. I use them regularly Iím not sure why I didnít realize that. Lol
when i try and put it in program mode the pke light never comes on.
That's where I stopped and assumed my PKE module was dead (after checking all else).

I saw those on ebay too. At the time best "warranty" was 30 day refund and/or 90 day replacement, which is pretty standard for salvage parts.
pacoW is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Phil95LT1 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:29 PM
  #10  
Phil95LT1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Phil95LT1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Paco did you end up replacing your module?
Did that do the job?

Last edited by Phil95LT1; 05-16-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Phil95LT1 is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 09:46 PM
  #11  
My two girls
Junior Member
 
My two girls's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 25
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
Paco did you end up replacing your module?
Did that do the job?
For whatever itís worth, I purchased a PKE on ebay for 150 a few weeks ago and installed it last week. Taking the dash off is not as difficult as you might think, as it is a fairly easy job, but I do recommend you have someone help you when you reinstall it.

My two girls is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 08:21 AM
  #12  
pacoW
CF Senior Member
 
pacoW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 366
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
Paco did you end up replacing your module?
Did that do the job?
No I did not. I really don't care about "original" factory side of it. The PKE module cost is approx $125, one factory style fob is close to another hundred. I can buy a $40 remote lock kit that includes fobs, not factory but it'll work just fine. The wiring setup/job is much easier than removing the dash panel also so if I really need the remote locks that's my route.
pacoW is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 09:13 AM
  #13  
markKlein
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: Boulder Co
Posts: 1,779
Likes: 0
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Phil95LT1 View Post
Yes my buttons work. I use them regularly Iím not sure why I didnít realize that. Lol
when i try and put it in program mode the pke light never comes on. Also, it doesnít come on during initial start up when the rest of the dash light do?
Does this mean I need a new PKE module?
there are a few on eBay for about $100 bucks.
Just donít know if I will get a working one.
Any other tricks I can try? Also, Iím not sure where to find those lil gray build holders that are in the dash Info area. I will upload a pic in a few hours. Thought I had one on my phone
If the light doesn't come on at start up it means the system is "off", but you should still be able to enter programming mode. All indications are that your PKE module has ailed. Fairly common.
markKlein is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PKE System Help_Knowledge Needed Please!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: