Notices
C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1991 o2 sensor/upgrading headers issue

Old 06-09-2019, 12:55 AM
pooled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1991 o2 sensor/upgrading headers issue

My current car has straight exaust w original exhaust manfolds/no cats. I noticed the sensors near the cat converter are just dangling and not installed right now. I never noticed any driving issues. I am waiting on my headers to get back from being dipped in coating and I was going to locate the current sensor from the driver side manifold to the exhaust flange when i install the headers. What should I do the with the other sensors that are just laying there right now? Thank you Also does anyone know what size weld bungs should i get? I was looking at these but want to make sure it will fit https://www.summitracing.com/parts/v...FVmewAodQOUHtw

Last edited by pooled; 06-09-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:06 PM
aklim
CF Senior Member

Received 818 Likes on 799 Posts

I think you need to recheck. Do you have a 91? If so, I don't think there is more than 1 O2 sensor.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:31 PM
mlm0
CF Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I would think with no 02 sensor hooked up, you would be running in open loop all the time.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:57 PM
aklim
CF Senior Member

Received 818 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by mlm0 View Post
I would think with no 02 sensor hooked up, you would be running in open loop all the time.
With the way he puts it about the original sensor near the driver side manifold, I think the others are something else

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1991 o2 sensor/upgrading headers issue

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: