C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is there a good Corvette repair shop in Las Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 03:09 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is there a good Corvette repair shop in Las Vegas?

I can only find one shop in Vegas, but they have a handful of pretty poor reviews online. They're called MCR, located over on Industrial. I know a guy named Chad Foster with a small salvage hard and a garage, but I'm not sure if he's got a real repair shop or does good work.

Is there any place in Vegas that is trustworthy to work on a C4 vette? Every single shop I've ever brought my car to in this town has stained my carpet with greasy boots, gotten greasy finger prints down the door panels, and done a pretty crappy job of fixing anything. I had a really bad experience with Ed Bozarth Chevrolet, so I would never ever bring my car to another authorized GM repair shop ever again. I'm trying to find someone that will respect my car and is familiar working with these C4s. Got any recommendations?
Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 PM
helives4u2
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

What wrong with your vette?
Old 06-16-2019, 11:26 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

I'm currently fighting with the A/C, but overall I need to find some reliable shop that I can go to when I don't have the time to do the work myself, because my car is currently my daily driver. I've had a lot of bad experiences in this town with about 4 other shops. People just don't respect your car.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:44 PM
helives4u2
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lucidardor
I'm currently fighting with the A/C, but overall I need to find some reliable shop that I can go to when I don't have the time to do the work myself, because my car is currently my daily driver. I've had a lot of bad experiences in this town with about 4 other shops. People just don't respect your car.
I do 99% of my own wrenching, but Rick @ Hollywood Automotive won't rip you off and will respect your vehicle. HVAC equipment is to pricey and not used enough or I'd do that myself too.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:43 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

I'll check them out. There's got to be more honest and competent mechanics in Vegas though...
Old 08-15-2019, 03:22 PM
scorpiofox69
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm relatively new to LV and am working on a project car and have struggled to identify/develop a network of "best in class" for what I can't/won't do myself. HVAC is definitely not in my wheelhouse. I took a reversed engineering approach, once I found out who one of the top specialty shops in the area for something I needed. I was pointed towards Dan's Driveline for some welding on my project car and the rebuild on my C5 diff. Every performance and rod shop where I was buying parts from in town pointed me there.

Hence, thinking the best shops only refer to the best shops (because these guys are all about their reputations), why not ask "who is the best/most reputable in town for doing X...."?

My approach anyway.....
The following users liked this post:
lucidardor (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Originally Posted by scorpiofox69
I'm relatively new to LV and am working on a project car and have struggled to identify/develop a network of "best in class" for what I can't/won't do myself. HVAC is definitely not in my wheelhouse. I took a reversed engineering approach, once I found out who one of the top specialty shops in the area for something I needed. I was pointed towards Dan's Driveline for some welding on my project car and the rebuild on my C5 diff. Every performance and rod shop where I was buying parts from in town pointed me there.

Hence, thinking the best shops only refer to the best shops (because these guys are all about their reputations), why not ask "who is the best/most reputable in town for doing X...."?

My approach anyway.....

Dan's Driveline actually replaced a pinion seal in my car and did a fantastic job - plus they did not grease up my carpets or door panels. The car came back clean with no fingerprints on it, and they were a pleasure to deal with. Plus the job was under a hundred bucks - I highly recommend them, but they only deal with drivelines - AKA transmissions, rear ends, and drive shafts.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:57 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

I'm going to try MCR Corvettes - I've heard mixed reviews, but got a positive vibe from talking to the owner. We'll see how they do
Old 09-17-2019, 06:46 PM
lucidardor
Advanced

Just an update for anybody looking for a shop in Vegas, MCR did a fantastic job. ***** was extremely friendly and respected my car. His prices were very reasonable, and he had fantastic communication. So it looks like I found a great shop in Vegas.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a good Corvette repair shop in Las Vegas?

Quick Reply: Is there a good Corvette repair shop in Las Vegas?