C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

B&M Sport Shifter ZF C4, my install experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 05:20 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,315 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by KyleF
If I read the description correctly, are they calming the Core is the same design as the Hurst?

IIRC it was Hurst, ZF Doc, B&M in that order for shift throw reduction. B&M being the shortest.

The original Hurst was designed by Chris R. They bought the rights. Soon after B&M bought Hurst and then the Hurst shifter was phased out. Then the B&M shifter was phased out. Chris then started producing the original design under his name "Core Shifters".
Old 08-14-2020, 05:36 PM
CDN94C4
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you
Old 08-15-2020, 08:23 AM
djxib
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
if you were using castrol bmw 10w-60 engine oil in your transmission (like some people used to) , that could have been part of the problem. This was my experience when I tried using bmw engine oil in my zf6 which was the 'rage' at one point.
Yes, although the ZF shifter was extremely good with no notchiness. However I'm just about to do the tranny oil in the 96. What's the latest thinking on oil?
Old 08-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Nomake Wan
Drifting

Received 595 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
if you were using castrol bmw 10w-60 engine oil in your transmission (like some people used to) , that could have been part of the problem. This was my experience when I tried using bmw engine oil in my zf6 which was the 'rage' at one point.
Castrol Edge Supercar 10W-60 isn't the right oil for the ZF6? Color me surprised, and agreed with the above poster, please do enlighten us as to the proper oil to use. Makes me sad to have the Castrol around, but at least I haven't done a clutch job yet...

Quick Reply: B&M Sport Shifter ZF C4, my install experience