C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Windshield lower weatherstrip

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 01:29 PM
wellsw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windshield lower weatherstrip

I just had a new windshield installed and the lower edge (foam) weatherstrip is visible the entire width of the windshieldbetween the bottom of the windshield and the dash. I thought it was supposed to be under the dash, but maybe I am all wrong. I know nothing about the way the foam should look or if it should be seen at all. Anyone know if this is a correct install or if the glass guy made a mistake? Thanks, Wells :confused: :confused: :confused: :cheers:
Old 02-20-2003, 01:59 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Default Re: Windshield lower weatherstrip (wellsw)

What year is your vette, wellsw? Your post, nor profile indicate a year..............
Old 02-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Windshield lower weatherstrip (Oldman)

Foam???
Old 02-20-2003, 03:11 PM
wellsw
Advanced

This is a 93 convertible. There is a strip of foam rubber that fits along the bottom edge of the windshield all the way from left to right. I think it may be a cushion for the bottom of the windshield. Thanks Wells
Old 02-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I just went out and checked mine and I have about a 1/4" to 3/8" bead around the inside of my front windshield. I'm fairly certain that it is factory original because it is a little dry rotted. Mine doesn't quite touch the parting line where the dash stops and the end of the dash stops. That is about 1/8" wide between the w/s and the dash pad.

Hope that all makes sense. The guy did it right I think. Can you post a pic?
Old 02-20-2003, 05:13 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

If you are writing about the windshield seal visable from the inside the vette, it appears to be about 1/2" in width and runs the length of the windshield along the bottom. The original seal is grey in color contrasting with the black dash panel. It would appear your installer did a good job. (My vette is a '93 ruby vert.) Let's hope this is the most difficult problem you will pose to the forum......... :cheers:
Old 02-21-2003, 12:32 AM
wellsw
Advanced

Thanks for the reply. I guess the original was worn away or else GM changed the configuration of the seal. My installer seemed to think this seal was a little larger than others he had done but it is exactly as you describe. I feel better already. I love this forum. Wells :cheers: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield lower weatherstrip

Quick Reply: Windshield lower weatherstrip