C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

superram vac hoses

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 12:33 AM
PMARTINEZ92126
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default superram vac hoses

Finally got the superram installed. Took me almost a whole day! Had to get my 4 year niece to put the bolts under the plenum on. I did not put sealant on the gaskets like others have done. Was this a mistake. I am assuming the HVAC hose goes to the first hole closet to the driver and the middle one is for the vac hose that comes from the front of the engine. WHERE DO I GET THE FITTINGS THAT ALLOW ME TO HOOK UP THE VAC LINES TO THE PLENUM. The old TPI had fittings on the side but this Superram doesnt have them. I am plugging up the third hole.

1986 Vette Aluminum heads. :eek:

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me. You saved me alot of gray hairs
Old 02-24-2003, 12:38 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The fittings should of come with it. Otherwise it sounds like you have it going right. I didn't put sealent on my gaskets either. :)
Old 02-24-2003, 11:07 AM
tomcat-pilot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: superram vac hoses (PMARTINEZ92126)

The fittings that are on the pass side of your original plenum can be taken off and used on the superram plenum to hook up your vacuum lines. They are all 1/4" NPT threads. There is also a hole on the drivers side, which is used to hook up the vacuum line to the brake vacuum booster. You can use a 1/4" NPT to 3/8" male 90 deg elbow (available for about $2.99 at your local auto parts) to hook a length of 3/8" vacuum line to the brake booster. This eliminates the aluminum tube hard line that is there now.

Get notified of new replies

To superram vac hoses

Quick Reply: superram vac hoses