C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

cross fire options

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:02 PM
flannel_man
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default cross fire options

would it make more sense to go from a CFI to a TPI , or carbrated?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Light84vette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cross fire options (flannel_man)

Up to you what you plan on doing or what kind of power you plan on making. I'm going to slap some Turbos on my vette in about a month and a half. I will only run 8psi boost on the stock engine, but I will have to bore the TB's.

If you plan to have the car run without smog parts then you might as well go carburator or get an Aftermarket TB that can support way more power than stock or go with an EFI system. And maybe some heads :thumbs:
Old 03-05-2003, 07:04 PM
427t-top
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with a CARB and used the extra money for performance improvements, heads, cam, ignition, etc. very happy with the conversion. :steering:
Old 03-05-2003, 10:00 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

A lot depends on what you want/expect from the car. I've had pretty good success "tuning" my Crossfire, but it isn't fast. I abhore the idea of a carb, but it will make it run. Smog, lousy mileage and all. The TPI isn't the answer, either. The TPI engines put out more power then the Crossfires, and because of the numbers of years (and units made) there is a pletheria of after market parts available to improve them. Still, they are rpm and horsepower limited, by design, AND expensive to improve upon. Back to my first sentence. Good luck, and...

RACE ON!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Killer 84 X
Advanced

Default Re: cross fire options (CFI-EFI)

I've decided, after looking at all the options, to take my crossfire as far as I can without changing the basic configuration of the system. I've been buying parts for a while now in anticipation of this build up. I have an X-ram intake, 1.6 roller rockers, Lunati lifters, Grimes Twister cam and 58cc 305 HO pocket ported/gasket matched heads. Ive installed an upgraded fuel pump and plan to install larger injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a small plate nitrous kit. I think it will run great and I like the idea of keeping it stock appearing. Good luck with your mods!!!

:steering: :steering: :steering:
Old 03-06-2003, 09:55 PM
CFI-EFI
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Re: cross fire options (Killer 84 X)

That is WAAAY more than I've done. I am anxious to see some 1/4 mile times. Good luck, and...

RACE ON!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 07:48 AM
oldace84
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

If no smog laws are in your state?????? Modify, but if you have those nasty smog checks....work on the crossfire setup......you can get it to work better than stock....Been there, done that.....
Besides I don't think I could outweight the milage in a complete change to be as good as it is right now...
tony
:smash:
Old 03-07-2003, 04:35 PM
flannel_man
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: cross fire options (oldace84)

Maybe I need to rephrase the question, What #'s of HP/TQ gain would i get out of a carb. setup. I heard TPI will put me up to 230 :rolleyes: whoo-hoo. The Nitrous #'s I've heard for the CFI are 125Hp
Old 03-07-2003, 06:00 PM
blk90rdstr
Drifting

Changing intake alone, carb or TPI alone will not be a huge improvement over a good runnin slightly modded CFI. Not worth the effort. Check out the CFIvault website. Lots of goood trix. You can maintain originality save headaches and go relitively fast on the x-fire if you try. :cheers:
Old 03-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Light84vette
Melting Slicks

If your going to change the intake, you might as well also change your heads. I dont see any gain in doing them seperate. Do it all at once and run higher compression and I think 425HP is possible :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To cross fire options

Quick Reply: cross fire options