C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Runs Like A Champ!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Clemson Vette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Runs Like A Champ!

I had a race planned for yesterday and needed some gas. I went and put about 10 gallons in it of 93 octane then i was going to slide a bottle of octane booster in it. they didnt have any, so i grabbed a bottle of 90% rubbing alcohol! poured it in with a big cheesy grin and drove off. about 400 yrds down the road she started bogging down and i had to pamper it to start off from a stop light. once in open traffic i stabbed it and she opened up like a bat out of hell! I guess i burnt off all the crud in the system, but it runs and idles smooter than ever now. and i do believe that it's got a little more punch. Any thoughts on this? Was this a good one time deal? should i never do this again? or is all of this ok? please lemme know as i dont want to mess anything up. :seeya
Old 03-06-2003, 01:25 PM
vader86
Team Owner

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,017 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Default Re: Runs Like A Champ! (Clemson Vette)

How about you put some Cuervo in next time. :nonod:
Did it hurt, probably not. Did it help, possibly if there was water in the tank because alcohol removes it.

Your engine should not need more than 93 octane, your compression ratio would need to be much higher to run alcohol (which is like 150 octane)

Its not good to run the stuff because it corrodes almost any rubber it comes in contact with and some metals. LIKE YOUR FUEL LINES, and the foam in fuel cells.

It also doesnt vaporize like gasoline, so cold starting will be difficult.

[Modified by vader86, 1:44 PM 3/6/2003]

Quick Reply: Runs Like A Champ!