C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Corsa without mufflers...........

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 02:44 AM
AquaMetallic94LT1
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Corsa without mufflers...........

I recently lost one of my Corsa mufflers and I have been trying to decide what to do instead of replacing it with another 380 dollar Corsa muffler. The car actually sounded better above 3000 rpm after I lost the first muffler so I took off the second one. There is a lot of resonance below 3000 because the exhaust exits under the car. I tested some Flowmaster 40 series and found the boomy sounds were still there but I lost the cool upper rpm sound. Then I tried 50 series mufflers. The boomy sound was reduced along with the upper rpm sounds.

I also found the longer 50 series mufflers reduced the interior resonance compared to the 40 series. I have also tried straight pipes that exited about 5 inches past the rear bumper fascia. That setup had very little resonance and was as quiet as the 50 series mufflers. I have decied to try a little shorter straight pipe setup since its quiet enough instead of using mufflers.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:09 AM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Corsa without mufflers........... (AquaMetallic94LT1)

stick with the Corsa's.
Old 05-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Steve'95
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Corsa without mufflers........... (AquaMetallic94LT1)

So just how did you lose one of your Corsa mufflers? Mine arrive via big brown today (yahoooo!) and I am curious as to not lose a muffler.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:02 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Corsa without mufflers........... (Steve'95)

tighten the hell out of every clamp. use an air impact wrench.

if the bolts break, replace them and don't go so tight.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:52 AM
AquaMetallic94LT1
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Corsa without mufflers........... (Steve'95)

So just how did you lose one of your Corsa mufflers? Mine arrive via big brown today (yahoooo!) and I am curious as to not lose a muffler.
The exhaust scrapped on the edge of a road that was under construction that I was crossing. I was busy with my new business so I put off fixing it and it fell off a few days later.

The muffler elimnator is going to cost about 50 bucks and is a bolt on so I am going that way for now. I am going to keep the rest of the Corsa system on the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa without mufflers...........

Quick Reply: Corsa without mufflers...........