C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Hurst Shifter Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Polizei45
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check E-bay. That's where I got my Hurst/Core shift from. It came without a Hurst box, but package very nice. $148.88 plus $10.95 shipping. As everyone has said it makes a big difference.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 AM
bud40oz
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

for what it is worth, i did mine a month or so ago, alone jacked up on all 4 stands, left the exhaust and x bar on i didn't remove anything. the worst part was removing the snap ring and getting the pin all the way out, while holding the boot back at the same time. i admit there was a hour or 2 there that i sat in my lawn chair thinking, my god... this thing is never going to work again... but it went back together and works fine. when you get frustrated with it just stop and think it over for a few..

you will need a decent hammer and a straight nose punch about 3/16 inch diameter... to get that pin out . slide the snap ring to the back instead of forward like i did, then worry for 2 hours that it got lost when it was just up inside the collar f the shaft there, i had to get a magnet and fish it back out. it is a bear of a job to do but well worth it in the end.

ps.. i ordered everything directly from core, it arrived in 2 days time

Last edited by bud40oz; 05-01-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Did mine 14 years ago!
Another forum member had bought 2 wanted to do mine and his together.
First one was the learning one, we did the second one in an hour!
Thought it was such an improvement that I wanted one for my ZR1.
I made a good deal with a vendor for 3 and offered them out to other forum members.
WE did a shifter day at my garage, helped that I have a lift.
Got 4 done in one (long) day!

Quick Reply: Hurst Shifter Install