C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

What parts & $$ to make L98 push 375 ponies

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 10:38 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Re: What parts & $$ to make L98 push 375 ponies (BILLYD)

You need the latest version of Media Player to get the file to play. You need to save it to your local drive, then play it.

The bottom end modifications on mine were only done for reliability. It has flat-top pistons w/valve reliefs cut in.

I went with stock CNC's cause I REALLY wanted it to look stock, down to casting #'s. The heads came with the motor from Tommy Morrison, so they were an added bonus. You can get as good or better performance from a set of AFR's.

So, bottom line is you can probably see 375-390 HP out of the motor with just the top-end changes. Don't spin it too hard and it should last for quite some time. Get a set of AFR's that flow about 220 CFM.

NavyVett: I'll be at convention next year....still a 3E car. The 427 will be done, but the rest of the drivetrain will still need beefing up before I drop that monster in. I want to bury Gary Pennington's 3E drag record, then move up to RP and give Doug Seredich some grief as well. Maybe the following year will be the one for that.

Looking forward to Vegas for convention....glad you guys won it. I'll be looking for that beer from hospitality after the long drive out from Austin
:D
Old 09-06-2003, 05:02 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 132 Posts

Default Re: What parts & $$ to make L98 push 375 ponies (BILLYD)

Billy,
Your last post makes it sound like you want big power and you want someone to tell you " Here's how to do it cheap and easy."
If it were cheap and easy, we'd ALL have 400hp.
It can be easy....just write your favorite tuner a fat check...but it won't be cheap, even if you do the work. In fact, if you go the cheap route, you'll most likely be disappointed with the results and just have to do it all over again very soon. Know what I mean?
My point is: some of these guys have given you some good recipes for power. So, follow the advice, spend the money, and do not skip anything... do it right.
No shortcuts to reliable power, y'hear?
Then, when it's all together again.....rock 'em!!! (the ricers, I mean....)
Tempering youthful enthusiasm with adult expectations.
Larry
code5coupe
:seeya

[Modified by rocco16, 10:05 PM 9/6/2003]
Old 09-08-2003, 04:40 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: What parts & $$ to make L98 push 375 ponies (Joe90)

Joe - we will have plenty of liquid hospitality :D

Lookin' forward to seeing you there - Paul

Quick Reply: What parts & $$ to make L98 push 375 ponies