C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
MostWanted
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam

I was wondering where in the heck it was. UPS delivered it at about 8:30 tonight. Man...that guy is working late. Anyway...I'm gonna drop the kit off to my mechanic tomorrow. Hopefully my new engine will be in by Wednesday so they can start on the install. I also ordered a set of Pacesetter Headers and Hooker Headers to see which ones my mechanic prefers, then I'll send the other set back. If anyone is wondering...I got the Hot Cam Kit from www.SamTaylor.com for $505.00 delivered. Pretty good deal since the invoice lists it for $712.00 and the local performance shop sells it for $659.00. (Thanks forum members for the SamTaylor advice) I'll keep everyone updated on the progress. :thumbs:
Old 04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Vett-eight-nine
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam (TorchRedXCVI)

"I'll keep everyone updated on the progress"
Absolutely. Don't forget. :cheers:
p.s. How much is installation costing you and why did you decide on the hot cam? What was #2? :)
Old 04-26-2004, 10:31 PM
MostWanted
Drifting

Default Re: UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam (Vett-eight-nine)

Why did I pick the Hot Cam Kit? Well...for $489 I got the camshaft , 16 1.6 roller rocker arms, 16 valve springs , 16 valve caps , 16 valve keys , and 16 valve spring shims. If you add all that up seperately, you can get well over $1000 in some cases. Forum members have their pros and cons about the Hot Cam...but I have found that forum members have pros and cons about even the most simple things, like weather or not to have the little rubber liners in the drink holders. You gotta love the Forum...I couldn't live without it! As far as price goes...it's all getting rolled into the new engine install, so I am getting the actual cam install pretty cheap...considering what I have to pay for a new engine and installation. :thumbs:

[Modified by TorchRedXCVI, 9:34 PM 4/26/2004]

[Modified by TorchRedXCVI, 9:34 PM 4/26/2004]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:41 PM
Vett-eight-nine
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"but I have found that forum members have pros and cons about even the most simple things, like weather or not to have the little rubber liners in the drink holders" That's what makes it fun!

I didn't know it was such a complete package.

I've got an L98. I've read a lot about cams and I suppose to go this route I'd have to install it advanced to make up for God knows what (I'm still learning!)
Good luck.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:31 AM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Is your vette a 6-speed or auto?
Old 04-27-2004, 07:40 AM
MostWanted
Drifting

Default Re: UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam (JJ 86)

96 LT1 Auto
Old 04-27-2004, 09:28 AM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Did you have to install a higher stall converter or do you still have the stock converter? Just curious because thats the cam I would like to have. :smash:
Old 04-27-2004, 11:13 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Re: UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam (JJ 86)

Did you have to install a higher stall converter or do you still have the stock converter? Just curious because thats the cam I would like to have. :smash:
I might not be a good example to compare it to since I have a 3000 stall converter. However the converter is pretty tight at light throttle. I dont believe that the LT4 looses much torque at low rpms. Check nathanplemons page and he has some graphs you could compare.

Get notified of new replies

To UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam

Quick Reply: UPS Just Delivered My Hot Cam