C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

"""Lingenfelter TPI 58mm"""

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 10:20 PM
chillcat
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm"""

I have an 85 model and was wondering if it would be safe to put this part on. I'm not Real familair with the tuning process---so help me out....to give an idea of what I already have done.....hypertech chip, smog pump replacement kit, ram air (through front plate), k&n filter, will this part add any hp, and will I need to do something else inorder to tune this out, I don't think there are any bigger fuel injectors on the car.....but what size should I get If I did need those....thanks alot....
Old 04-30-2004, 12:13 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm""" (chillcat)

You won't need any fuel injectors for now. And when the time comes dependant on what your mods are a set of 24lb injectors would be fine for most normally aspirated engines.

For your engine as it is now, you should consider going to a 52mm TB for now. Dave Koldos can modify your stock TB into a 52mm body for a lot less than a LPE 58mm body will cost you. Plus you would probably notice better throttle response and performance with the smaller TB on your engine as it is now.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:48 AM
BAM92
Safety Car

Default Re: """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm""" (tjwong)

You don't say anything about having done any exhaust work. If you want to get air in you also must get air out. Any mods there?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:48 AM
lcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm""" (BAM92)

not sure about this, but i was thinking the 85 either had 24lb injectors or maybe it was 22lb injectors. could be wrong though. just wanted to throw that out.

also as stated above, need to know more about what you have done to the car. i think instead of putting money in the TB, I would look at opening up the exhaust some with headers and a catback. you will see much better gains from these mods then the TB. the biggest restriction on the TPI cars is the intake manifold setup with its long tube runners. you can open up everything in front of this to help, but in the end until you figure out what your power goals are, this unit may not be the one you use to get there. may consider looking at either the super ram or the miniram intake assemblies, or even finding some past topics regarding modding the LT1 manifolds to fit the older styled 350 motors, this may be a little more cost effective as many of the parts can be had here on the forum from others upgrading there fuel systems and going to the LT4 manifolds. let me know if there is anything else you need help with!

also, this may be a better topic for TECH/Performancen unless your planning on running a S/C or fabbing a turbo setup, or dosing her with nitrous. for basic mods they can tell you alot more about what has been done and results from each mod!

hope this helps!

Chris
Old 04-30-2004, 05:46 PM
chillcat
Drifting

Default Re: """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm""" (BAM92)

Yes, I have some exaust work done, I bought the car in Oct of last year, the car does have headers, no catalytic converter---Not sure which brand header it is though....

Get notified of new replies

To """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm"""

Quick Reply: """Lingenfelter TPI 58mm"""