C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'91 gauges show "odo err" please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 11:49 PM
91LT-5
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 gauges show "odo err" please help

The gauge cluster seems to be fine, but the odometer will not give a reading. I just purchased the car, and the guy that sold the car to me showed me that if the battery was disconnected for a long period of time the reading would come up when the car is first started. After the car is started the odometer reads "odo err" is there anything I can do to fix this?
Old 07-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Re: '91 gauges show "odo err" please help (91LT-5)

a rough guess would be perhaps the sensor on the transmission is bad not allowing the odometer to read is the speedo working?

Mo
Old 07-01-2004, 03:37 PM
91LT-5
Cruising

Default Re: '91 gauges show "odo err" please help (Mo_Bandy)

The speedometer and all the other gauges all work fine. It is just the odometer that doesn't work.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:59 PM
91LT-5
Cruising

I forgot that I had posted this question so long ago. I finally found that the bcm wasn't outputing the milage to the odometer, with a mastertech I was able to read the correct milage stored in the bcm it just wouldn't show up on the odometer. The bcm has been replaced and now the odometer is correct. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:25 PM
JBJrC4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91LT-5
I forgot that I had posted this question so long ago. I finally found that the bcm wasn't outputing the milage to the odometer, with a mastertech I was able to read the correct milage stored in the bcm it just wouldn't show up on the odometer. The bcm has been replaced and now the odometer is correct. Thanks for your help.
I'm having the same problem. Where did you get the new one and did you need to have it programmed?

Get notified of new replies

To '91 gauges show "odo err" please help

Quick Reply: '91 gauges show "odo err" please help