C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Interior lights flicker

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 07:34 AM
qdawg41
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights flicker

I have a 91 vert with 107k miles. My interior interior lights flicker on while I'm driving, and it seems to happen more when I have my headlights on. When the interior lights flicker on the "door ajay" warning light also comes on. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm guessing the door jamb switches are bad, but I'm not sure.

Last edited by qdawg41; 07-17-2004 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:03 AM
Steel Blue 91
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are more than likely right about the door jam switches. I'd also check the hatch switch.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:37 AM
arrow322
Drifting

I'd say its the door ajar switches too. I've got the same trouble, what I did to confirm it is I took some tape and added a few layers on top of the plastic button the switch makes contact with to build it up. Drove around and no more trouble. I bought new door ajar switches for $12 each but I think its the plastic button the switch contacts, looks like its worn in a little so will pop those off too and replace. Good luck
Frank
Old 07-17-2004, 05:30 PM
qdawg41
Intermediate

Originally Posted by arrow322
I'd say its the door ajar switches too. I've got the same trouble, what I did to confirm it is I took some tape and added a few layers on top of the plastic button the switch makes contact with to build it up. Drove around and no more trouble. I bought new door ajar switches for $12 each but I think its the plastic button the switch contacts, looks like its worn in a little so will pop those off too and replace. Good luck
Frank
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at my door ajar switches and the tip of the passenger side switch is broken off, so I'll replace them. I'd also like to replace those plastic buttons, mine are worn too. Where did you get your parts from (switch & button)?

Get notified of new replies

To Interior lights flicker

Quick Reply: Interior lights flicker