C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

both O2 sensors and maf codes at the same time???

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 12:50 PM
maduraj
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting the check engine light every time I start my car now. I checked the codes and it shows both of the O2 sensors and a code for the MAF. After I clear the codes and restart the car, both of these codes come back and stay. Could the O2 sensor be causing the MAF codes? The car also seems to be cutting out at higher RPMs.

Old 07-21-2001, 01:42 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

maduraj,

I would say that the MAF sensor is causing the o2's to trip a code as well if it is sending incorrect signals to your engine and the engine is running too rich or too lean for the "calibrated" readings that the ECM is expecting, then they would probably trip a code as well...

You may try simply disconnecting the MAF sensor cable, try starting the engine, let it run and see if the o2's still trip a code, I would say probably not...

You didnt say what year your car was, I had similar problems on my 87... it was the maf sensor was bad..

feel free to email me if you need more help..

Mo

Old 07-21-2001, 01:45 AM
Mo_Bandy
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

maduraj,

DUH... heh I saw your signature... LT4 ..heh well I still would saycheck the MAF sensor, its probably whacking out your o2 reading...

Mo

Old 07-21-2001, 06:50 PM
David-F
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What codes are setting? I find it hard to believe that an O2 sensor code can set on start up. Need a little more info could be a fuse just need to know what codes are setting.

David Fulcher

Get notified of new replies

To both O2 sensors and maf codes at the same time???

Quick Reply: both O2 sensors and maf codes at the same time???