C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Valve Cover Question

Old 07-20-2001, 04:26 PM
Silver Bullet 99
CF Senior Member

I think this one should be an easy one for someone out there. I have a 1992 LT1 that appears to be stock. The valve covers are an ugly shade of brown while the rest of the engine is black, silver and chrome. My father tells me that these can be painted with special paint. Do I have a cheap set of aftermarket valve covers? Can these be painted? Should I pickup a replacement set at Carlisle this year? The engine looks incredible except for those ugly valve covers.

Thanks - Ron Gerlach

Old 07-20-2001, 04:49 PM
-=Jeff=-
CF Senior Member

Yeah Mid America and such sell the paint to match what they looked like new. without seeing a picture it sounds like you have the Magnesium covers found on the C4's up through 1992.

Old 07-20-2001, 04:53 PM
Nathan Plemons
CF Senior Member

This is what my valve covers look like. From a distance they are fine, but they really need to be cleaned up and re-painted.

Old 07-20-2001, 04:56 PM
Silver Bullet 99
CF Senior Member

Yours appear to be what I'm looking for - a more natural looking valve cover. Looks like I'll need to brush up on my painting skills. How difficult will it be to paint these? I believe for the job to be done right - I'll need to remove the alternator which is slighly outside of my technical ability (I don't even change my own oil!!)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Valve Cover Question

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: