C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

(HELP) Hatch WON'T POP.... ROOF INSIDE!!!! On VACATION

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 10:36 PM
fbodylover
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HELP!!
I'm on vacation and had the roof out for about 3 hours on a 65-70 MPH drive.. NOW the B@STARD won't open.. I'm parked in a comunual lot with nothing but the windows up... Any help would be awesome. Push the button and it clicks but nothing happens
Old 07-20-2001, 10:43 PM
Husker Vette
Le Mans Master

I remember reading on a thread that there is a release cable under a slit in the carpet along the back side of the hatch compartment, might be hard to get to with the top in there.....

Also, your hatch could just be stuck against the weatherstrip.... Try pushing up on it when you push on the button or pull the release cord....

Just a couple of thoughts.... Good luck, and let us know how this turns out...

Old 07-20-2001, 10:49 PM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, push down on the latch a couple of times while someone is pushing the button. Perhaps you can get it that way...

Finally, There is a small 6-8" cable connected to the left end of the solinoid, looking at it from the inside, that manually unlatches the hatch in case the button doesn't work. Unfortunately you'll have to dig for it underneath the cargo rollup/rear trim. Might not be a bad idea to pull the carpet back to access the area I'm talking about. Hopefully your arm is long enough to reach underneath the top as it sits in the rear cargo area. Might want to move one of the seats all the way forward and work your body back there so you'll have more of a chance of getting your arm all the way back there. Good Luck.

Old 07-20-2001, 10:57 PM
fbodylover
Intermediate

Thanks guys, bounced the hatch up and down with girlfriend pushing button.. worked, now seems to work fine. Will investigate later, now.. MORE BEER!!

Get notified of new replies

To (HELP) Hatch WON'T POP.... ROOF INSIDE!!!! On VACATION

Quick Reply: (HELP) Hatch WON'T POP.... ROOF INSIDE!!!! On VACATION