C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Redline shockproof gear oil

Old 07-25-2001, 10:30 PM
95-383
CF Senior Member

I"ve been running redline MTL in the ZF for two years with no problems. I would like to switch to LW shockproof to see if the trans quiets down a bit, but redline does not recomend this oil for street applications. Question is, Do you think light weight shockproof will hurt the ZF in street driven corvettes?? thanks
Old 07-26-2001, 10:04 AM
vettenuts
CF Senior Member

A while back, this question was posed on Vettenet. Hib Halverson, who writes for some of the magazines including Vette, provided the following response which hopefully answers your question.

Old 07-26-2001, 11:08 AM
Evan70
CF Senior Member

I know it doesn't answer your question, but I used the Shockproof Heavy (75W250) Gear Oil in the rear end of my 95 Firebird for 2 years with no problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Redline shockproof gear oil

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: