C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cam Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 09:56 PM
C4TOMCAT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently I asked about putting a GS cam in a 94 LT1 stock coupe. I would like to compare these with the Desktop Dyno Program
MJ and 2FST4U as well as some others replied and I appreciate the comments. I have decided to hold off and do some more learning. Can someone explain the following and/or how to get the info as well as a laymans explanation on it.

1 how to get the lobe center angle (cam degrees)
2 how to get the intake duration (crank degrees)
3 how to get the intake lift @ valve
4 how to get the intake centerline (crank degrees)
5 how to get the exhaust duration (crank degrees)
6 how to get the exh lift @ valve

can anyone provide this for the following cams
LT1
LT4
GS
ZZ9
Old 07-28-2001, 10:14 AM
nobodyunknown
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see if this web page helps you.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/D...00/cmspec.html
Old 07-28-2001, 02:10 PM
C4TOMCAT
Drifting

nobodyunknown...thanks for the reply...I will review that site..it looks like it has lots of good info. Thanks for the direction and info.

Tom
Old 07-28-2001, 10:51 PM
C4TOMCAT
Drifting

Denny: thanks for your reply. My thoughts are to look at my options based on the information given by not only real racers like those who have replied, but also look at what technology is capable of giving insight to me in an effort to make decisions. I know I can duplicate what each of you have said works for you but unfortunately I am Me and need to see what will be the possible outcome on the items I plan on doing over on the car. I don't believe I will go anywhere near what you all have done as I will not be drag racing it and do not ever plan on going down the 1/4 mile in 10 or 12 seconds. Keep the comments coming as every little bit of insight helps toward the end goal. Thanks to all who comment.

Tom
Old 07-29-2001, 12:31 AM
ChrisB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Denny, except I would go a bit further and suggest the 211/219 (cam Denny had) out everything on your list. It should have a better torque curve than the 304 (more lift), while making around the same horsepower (maybe a bit more, but close either way). This is really a very mild cam that can work with stock programming, and with a custom setup will be virtually indistinguishable idle wise from stock. For a mild drivable setup it complements a set of good flowing/high velocity heads *very* nicely also.

good luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Cam Info

Quick Reply: Cam Info