C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

S.O.S Diacom Plus Blues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 05:17 AM
Corvette86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I broke down and purchased Diacom Plus expecting it to work on my 86 TPI vette. I'm believe it's operator error but I'm not real sure. I'm using a Toshiba 2065 Laptop for the computer. I'm able to link in diagnostic mode using the standard OB-1 cable and everything works fine. But when I try to link in ADL mode the software says it's attempting to link. The engine revs to 1000 RPM's but no data is displayed. The spacebar is set for the trigger but when pressed, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong

Old 07-29-2001, 06:30 AM
drive it
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette86:
[B
I broke down and purchased Diacom Plus expecting it to work on my 86 TPI vette. I'm believe it's operator error but I'm not real sure. I'm using a Toshiba 2065 Laptop for the computer. I'm able to link in diagnostic mode using the standard OB-1 cable and everything works fine. But when I try to link in ADL mode the software says it's attempting to link. The engine revs to 1000 RPM's but no data is displayed. The spacebar is set for the trigger but when pressed, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong [img]http]//www.corvetteforum.cc/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

[/B][/color]
Are you restarting your laptop in dos only mode? Not just trying to run it in a dos window? Also are you plugging in the cable to the laptop before turning on the laptop and starting diacom? And then initialize diacom before plugging in to the aldl port with the key off? Then start the car-then hit the link. Also its important to put in the correct vin for the yr etc. of the code in the chip.(e.g.-I'm running arap bin so I have to input an 89 yr vin.) Any of the above can affect its linking. Good luck-it sure is a nice tool to use!!!!

Old 07-29-2001, 08:59 PM
Ray Quayle
- 1986 Original Owner -

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

If you are using the Standard 82 & up adapter that carries Rinda #91007, you will only be able to connect in Diagnostic Mode for low speed data on your '86. You need the #91006 adapter or the little round 5 pin DIN adapter to get the high speed data in ALDL mode.

Old 07-29-2001, 09:29 PM
Dark Side
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ray Quayle
If you are using the Standard 82 & up adapter that carries Rinda #91007, you will only be able to connect in Diagnostic Mode for low speed data on your '86. You need the #91006 adapter or the little round 5 pin DIN adapter to get the high speed data in ALDL mode.

[/color]
wheres the best place to buy replacement adapters and will they work on an 85 c4?
Old 07-30-2001, 12:23 AM
Corvette86
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

drive it,

You were right on the money! The problem was the VIN code. Diacom Plus needed a VIN year code of F which represents 1985. Go figure,

Thanks Drive It....

Old 07-30-2001, 12:26 AM
Corvette86
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

drive it,

You were right on the money! The problem was the VIN code. Diacom Plus needed a VIN year code of F which represents 1985. Go figure,

Thanks Drive It....

Dark Side,

Lots of sites out there where you can get the info to build your own otherwise I recommend going to Rinda Technology Inc at www.rinda.com or Tel: 773-736-6633

V/R,
Frank

Get notified of new replies

To S.O.S Diacom Plus Blues

Quick Reply: S.O.S Diacom Plus Blues