C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

help - need hood cable clip

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 PM
rrubel
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default help - need hood cable clip

You all have provided excellent info for my past questions, so here's one more...

I broke one of the clips that holds the hood release cable onto the latch itself (they're tri-fold clips and I broke the top fold). Dealer tells me it's only available as part of the entire latch/cable assembly at $179! For a $2 clip???

So - does anyone know a separate part number for this clip, or a good alternative to use? It'll stay in place with one of the two layers, but it doesn't look secure and I do NOT want the cable to come off with the hood closed...

Thanks much.
[RICHR]
Old 10-28-2015, 03:00 PM
kocoach
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, the hood release cable retainer clips can be purchased on line at Ecklers corvette.com. The cost of each clip is $6.99 + shipping. I know I just bought 2 for my corvette. They are hard to find, dealer doesn't have them. Good Luck
Old 10-28-2015, 08:14 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by kocoach
Hello, the hood release cable retainer clips can be purchased on line at Ecklers corvette.com. The cost of each clip is $6.99 + shipping. I know I just bought 2 for my corvette. They are hard to find, dealer doesn't have them. Good Luck

WOW you dug up a thread 11 years old.

12338122 GM is what you likely need and it is discontinued BUT there should be dealers with the part still on the shelf or eBay could be your friend. It's used on many GM applications so if you're the "scrounging type" visit a local salvage yard. Google the part number for an image.

**** That's a "copy/paste" of my response over a year ago and I'm sure there's dealers with the part on the shelf still. You should have no problems "local". No need to order.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 10-28-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 PM
rrubel
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow indeed. It's been so long that I don't recall if I ever got new clips, so at the very least it's a good reminder to go check!
Thanks for the info, both of you.
[RICHR]

Get notified of new replies

To help - need hood cable clip

Quick Reply: help - need hood cable clip