C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Strip-Tease

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 03:41 PM
Wide_One
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strip-Tease

Okay R-One guys it’s the Wide side of a forum story here which I "eschewed" from getting into. Being that I (kinda) like this forum and have met a few members and scratched my head on a many others, it's my promise to myself that I stay clear of forum areas that harbor the vast numbers of idiots and morons such as the lame-a$$ trill and kill section or the wine and cheese bunch that whine about everything and always cheesing at mediocrity such as changing shift *****. This is reply to the cruel and unusual pun... comment in the thrill sect this person must the track version of z06 scott whom I completely stayed out of his post for the reason that he being a lawyer and all must have been giving his rendition of the first amendment showing us how he has the right to prove he is what that post was all about. So on to the viper-hypers....I figured since I'm back from my overseas adventure with the r-h factor of the middle east and now have the time to dust the R-One off (a note here that's to say that my car is dealer original 7yr old everything except oil and filter) and do some base-line testing before mods. When desperate for track time I show up at the Sac "grudge nite" and very low and behold to my complete surprise it seemed everyone was out to get a wack at a R-One for some low esteem reason. At first the r10 viper guys were acting ho-hum there's just another c4 over there ....then when I get in the lane of random runs against whatever is in the next lane I notice shuffling up of the vipes and others. And I was very aware and not impressed with the runs I or anyone next to me made that nite being that track and weather conditions along with the change in pump gas here in cali has affected times for the novice racing types ....I for one have ran better times at that track. So as this ben what’s-his name shame for me to have to admit that he is a fellow cal person so sadly tired to explain the event with phrases of me laughing at being "so far behind" not a funny situation and noticed his time at my nearly 110 mph which was nothing more than a fast eye reflex and the laugh later with him, was that I though the distance differential would made a better time for him....and after having to listen to all there self-serving b.s. in the pit area ..if I where him would not admit to having a modded 10 cylinder (prob using juice) and only cutting a sub 12....and I went over to there site and read where the supposedly other non-modded r10 (also boasting) that I ran beat me by only a tenth mainly because I was experiencing huge wheel spin from my original gsc's all nite and of eight or nine runs that I got in of which I didn't rush home to write about the ones I blew out by 2 sec. And to my amusement I have been sitting here reading where the likes of beach bum commended this person note to beach why don't you trade your chevy for a vipe and get with the "I've got last answer to a supercar" types such as "your friends". At first these guys seemed normal to me just couldn't figure why being so smart and all they bought a "dodge" but now I know why, the mentality seems mighty close to mustang. Anyway to them have a nice day cause I won't be interested in racing with them and will still compete only with the time slips. Not upset here with the expected just telling the other side of one nite out…..other than this had a great time with just me and the “R-One” refusing to use the “Z” because of the 06 nonsense. :chevy :bs

Quick Reply: Strip-Tease