C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:10 PM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those guys wouldn't say those things face to face at a track. First they have to beat the C5Z before they step up to the C6Z or ZR1.
Personally, I would rather have a Porsche.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM
drd21968
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

i have always loved corvettes and for the money they cant be beat.the first time i saw a ferrari testerosa and some other more modern models,i have to admit they are awesome vehicles.for some of thier owners i think they are bitter a car can beat them for a fraction of the money
Old 12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL! That stuff is hilarious:

It will be fast as hell, handle amazing and brake like crazy but they really missed the mark.
Talk about being out of touch! What does he think the mark should be for a sports car?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:49 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Whats worse is they talk about poor GM engineering or supercharger reliability yet Ferrari's can only go 10-15k miles without going to the shop for a $5k belt service. Yeah thats reliable.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
terryszr1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all this talk makes me want to go hunt them in southern california . agood day is watching them eat zr1 dust
Old 12-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by LowFlight
brand promiscuous
good one
Old 12-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Blown67427
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rainy99
Jeebus!

Ok. Now I wonder what the percentage of those folks on that ferrari board actually OWN the car they so love? How many on this forum are actually owners?

Sheesh.

B
The real question is, how many of them actually drive them as intended Most are just bench warmers half wits that can't drive.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Cdn Z06 Mike
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

...I almost forgot...I am one of ONLY 3-4 guys who DEFEND the new Nissan GTR and like it better than the Z06. I am a car guy, and am brand promiscuous. As long as I like it, I could care less if it is made by Yugo. See my posts in OT about anything GTR related.
The new Nissan GTR is going to be one serious force as well. We've only been introduced to the starting gate specs of the car. You can add me to the list. I am hoping that because of my job I will be driving one for a while next year. Add me to the list!

As for ferrari, Kudo's to the owners for buying them. I love them personally and at the end of the day spending more $$$ doesn't necessarily mean it has to be the fastest? The look of Ferrari's alone is enough to make me drool. But then again many Lambo's and Austin Martins do that for me too. Also the Ford GT40. I could never understand why people diss other sports cars? Some people like blondes, some brunettes, some red....it's what makes the world go round.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:16 AM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

You cant get any real data from those tools in that forum.
It wasnt even in the general forum its in the F430 forum these guys talk **** about old ferraris like they are yugos. And then put their noses high into the sky because they are supper rich

And if I was rich I wouldnt have a damn 360 or a 430 Id have a F40 and a 80s GTO 84 or 85? I cant remember what year they were, then a late 70s Boxer V12 baby!

These guys talk **** but then wonder why it cost 5K to do a 30,000 mile service at the dealer

Last edited by phrogs; 12-26-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:56 AM
cward
Instructor

Originally Posted by 427CPE
Those guys wouldn't say those things face to face at a track. First they have to beat the C5Z before they step up to the C6Z or ZR1.
Personally, I would rather have a Porsche.
I have been for a ride in an Enzo and it was a very interesting car. However, he paid more for a tuneup than I paid for my Z. Crazy amount of money but he had it to spend so more power to him. Speaking of Porsche, I raced against a RUF Porsche in the 2001 BBORR. He was in my class (SS 160). He spent an order of magnitude more for his beautiful car but my old ZR-1 won the class. :-) And my top speed that year was just 180. I was running 4.10 gears and it just would not go any faster. The next year with coil-overs, 3.45 gears, and open exhaust, #364 ran a little faster. Sure was a lot of fun to beat those expensive cars in a $35K car ($25K plus $10K add-ons).

Curtis
Old 12-26-2007, 10:12 PM
djpatrick35
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

This can't be called a supercar car, it may be supercar fast, but the built materials and leaf springs are things out of taste. It's just another fast corvette, why the hell don't they have cojones like Ford with the Ford GT?

What in the hell is with the leaf spring hate??? Jesus, can't any of these Ferrari people make their own opinions without regurgitating Jeremy Clarkson's crap? God, I want to assassinate that guy!

I'd love to see what he thinks of the new ZR1... It seems that he couldn't help himself but like the C6 Z06 though.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:35 PM
markwerner
Instructor

I only have one rule. If I can't change my own oil and have to pay some Ferrari tech 500 plus. Then I don't want it. The maintenance on Porsche, Ferrari, Lamb is a ZR 1 payment in full. Thats why I keep American muscle in my garage. I have nothing against Honda, Yamaha, Nissan, They build a great car for the buck. I like the Italian and German but it kills me on the maintenance fees. My wifes BMW x5 is awesome to drive but man 1600 for brakes at the dealer. That hurts. Good thing I have maintenance included.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Peaven
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by xlr8nflorida
This quote is just classic

The one good thing about Corvettes is the people that buy them are exactly like the car.... In love with themselves, have a false feeling of self worth, all muscled-up to cover other inadequacies, on steroids, lacking class, do things to impress others rather than for themselves, wiggle their *** too much and do it just in case some other guy is watching and they decide to go that way(anyone who will comment on their *** will suffice to give them a bit of acceptance), act refined but in reality are cheap kinda like a trailer owner who splurges on a bottle of Asti-Spumanti, are only good for about 10 minutes until you realize their true shallow personality, they rattle and squeak about themselves so much that you just cant bare to listen to them any longer, they keep going to the gym to get even more buff in hopes that someday someone will love them for their bodies when in reality, they are just a soulless shell and the only one who will ever love them is someone who doesn't know what love means.

What a Tool!
Insecurity is the sincerest form of flattery.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by djpatrick35
What in the hell is with the leaf spring hate??? Jesus, can't any of these Ferrari people make their own opinions without regurgitating Jeremy Clarkson's crap? God, I want to assassinate that guy!
Yeah, I don't get the leaf-spring thing either. Who cares? Someone replied to that though with a fairly good post about all the high-tech materials used in the ZR1.

In terms of dissecting the thought process, I also didn't get the guy who complained about his Z06. He had an oil consumption issue but was outraged that they wanted to remove the engine to fix it. He thought it was absurd to remove the engine from the car. How would he expect them to fix an oil consumption issue though? Pour some magic crap in the crankcase? I thought it especially odd from an apparent F430 owner. All those mid-engined cars need the engine removed for scheduled maintenance, and he's outraged that one Z06 needs it removed to fix a factory defect.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:04 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Aurora40
Yeah, I don't get the leaf-spring thing either. Who cares? Someone replied to that though with a fairly good post about all the high-tech materials used in the ZR1.

In terms of dissecting the thought process, I also didn't get the guy who complained about his Z06. He had an oil consumption issue but was outraged that they wanted to remove the engine to fix it. He thought it was absurd to remove the engine from the car. How would he expect them to fix an oil consumption issue though? Pour some magic crap in the crankcase? I thought it especially odd from an apparent F430 owner. All those mid-engined cars need the engine removed for scheduled maintenance, and he's outraged that one Z06 needs it removed to fix a factory defect.
Because he had acepted the fact that Ferrari needs to drop the engine but on a vette thats unheard of thats why he complained.

Also what year Z06?

I mean If I really wanted to I could afford a ferrari but the new ones are not worth it to me no wow factor
Old 12-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by phrogs
Because he had acepted the fact that Ferrari needs to drop the engine but on a vette thats unheard of thats why he complained.

Also what year Z06?
It was post #72:

I bought a Z06 in 2001, and was convinced it was a bargain for the decent horsepower, light weight, etc. But it consumed a quart of oil every 300-400 miles. After putting 5,000 miles on the car, and the oil consumption issue showing no signs of improvement, I went to GM with the problem. After going back and forth about it for about 6 months, their solution: They were going to pull the engine and rebuild it with different piston rings.

Regardless of how much $$ I spend on a car, my expectation is still that I should not have to pull the engine out of my brand new car and rebuild it, just because the factory couldn't get it right in the first place. I basically told GM as much, and invoked the Lemon Law. After much wasted time and resources, decided to just dump the car and NEVER buy GM again.
Seems to me GM tried to make it right for the guy, but he didn't want them to pull the engine.

No doubt one shouldn't expect a new car to have problems, but some of them do. To think they should fix it via some other method though seems silly to me.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:15 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Cdn ZR1 Mike
The new Nissan GTR is going to be one serious force as well. We've only been introduced to the starting gate specs of the car. You can add me to the list. I am hoping that because of my job I will be driving one for a while next year. Add me to the list!

As for ferrari, Kudo's to the owners for buying them. I love them personally and at the end of the day spending more $$$ doesn't necessarily mean it has to be the fastest? The look of Ferrari's alone is enough to make me drool. But then again many Lambo's and Austin Martins do that for me too. Also the Ford GT40. I could never understand why people diss other sports cars? Some people like blondes, some brunettes, some red....it's what makes the world go round.
Exactly. The only thing worse then that is a ZR-1 owner thinking his car is still the top dog. Well said Mike.

Get notified of new replies

To Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends

Old 12-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Maverick_65
3rd Gear

While the new ZR1 may be fast, I hate the fact that our ZR-1 have to share the same name with that riced out abomination
Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 AM
94ZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Exactly. The only thing worse then that is a ZR-1 owner thinking his car is still the top dog. Well said Mike.
It isnt

Those Ferrari people are just doucherockets for the most part
Old 12-28-2007, 12:52 PM
USAFPILOT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing is faster than my ZR1...I'll hand that enzo its ...

Quick Reply: Interesting view on the new Z from our Ferrari friends