C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

window regulators

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
dallas916
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default window regulators

Any of you change out your window regulators/motors? I just replaced all the weatherstripping and belt line seals. While readjusting the windows I can see the d.side regulator has some slop in it. Not bad, but enough to allow movement of the window even after being adjusted and tightened. Before the R&R of rubber I could see where the P.O. had allowed the edge of the window to hit the rear bar. Of course, everything is much tighter now...hard to close the doors with the windows up.

How much movement is too much?

With the added stress of new seals, how long before that causes the regulator to "fail"?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
bldavis11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new weatherstripping will soften quite a bit over the next week or so. I noticed a big difference after 7 - 10 days compared to when I first put the weather stripping on. I was only able to do one door at a time and the feel between the first door and the second, done two weeks later, was huge. Don't sweat it yet.

Quick Reply: window regulators