C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Picking up the ZR-1 on Saturday!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,195 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I thought you had said it was a little low, but I couldn't remember for sure. I was thinking that the blinking typically indicated low refrigerant.

BTW, I averaged 25MPG on the trip back, and that was with the cruise typically set to about 82MPH, but with quite a few sustained runs at 90-100MPH. Not bad with 4.10 gears.

I'm also really pleased with the FX3 in this car. I couldn't ever really tell a difference between settings in my 92 LT1, but it's a noticeable change in this one. The softest setting is great for those long trips and rough roads. It's a little floaty, but not a bad tradeoff for the better ride. Sport tightens up nicely without becoming too harsh, and Perf should really be used only on a track.

I've got to say, I really loved my 92 LT1, but this car is a whole different animal. Definitely a great highway car, this thing just wants to run at high speeds for miles. Will definitely have to start looking into doing some open road events...
Old 12-06-2010, 09:52 AM
WydGlydJim
Team Owner

Received 296 Likes on 141 Posts

You can put your climate control in diagnostic mode by pushing the up and down fan switch buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. Once 00 is displayed in the LED readout, hit the fan button, and codes will be displayed. Very simple........if 09 code is displayed, then yes that is low freon detected.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:58 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,195 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Thanks, I knew there was a way to do that, just couldn't remember what it was (and was too lazy to search).

Quick Reply: Picking up the ZR-1 on Saturday!