C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

300RWHP dyno, ideas for what to check?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by EvanZR1
Ok, as I posted in NachoZR1's post, we were at the dyno last night, and my car only did 300RWHP. Car has (supposedly, need to find receipts) a Corey Henderson chip, and top end porting from him. Also has 4.10 gears, but that shouldn't affect dyno readings. I was going to check the secondaries by turning the power key to normal, but apparently with Corey's chip it is full power all the time. The car runs really well, and pulls strong all the way to the top. If I hadn't seen the dyno on it, I'd say it was putting down a little more than my LT4 Firehawk (330RWHP).

So my thoughts for what might be wrong are:
collapsing intake duct
failing/clogged cats
secondaries not opening

Any other ideas?

Here's the dyno:
Its probably the secondary butterflies binding or not fully opening.
My 91 zr1 had this problem. many late production 90's and many 1991's had the actuators installed backwards from the factor and caused them to bind or not open. My 91 had this problem. It would fall flat on its face at 5500-5800 rpm. Once this problem was corrected it ran strong. if the car has the original fuel injectors, especially the secondaries which are not used much, this would be another thing to check into. injectors on these cars are a problem especially with the ethanol mixed in with most gasoline.

Good luck. I enjoyed my c4 Zr1 for 13 years and now am enjoying my 2009 z06.

Quick Reply: 300RWHP dyno, ideas for what to check?