C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Garage find.....errr...kind of (ZR1 related)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 101 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrek
OK.. the DB comment was a little over the top! For that, I apologize.
Granted... Accepted

As for the rest of it, that's my impression I've gotten over the years of lurking here. Sorry if that offends some of you, but that's the way I see it.
My impression here is a lot of folks come on here post a bunch of BS in an attempt to bait ZR-1 owners. I have no idea who these azzholes are but they are normally are no count junior members that just check in here post something stupid like "pushrods rule" to stir things up. This was not the case here. I immediately looked at the OPs Name and hmm well a senior member well lets see some pics.

ZR-1 owners are not elitests.. maybe 20 plus years ago when only the very welloff could afford to own one that is simply not the case now. Remember there is a always a 1% on every population and I hate it when they show up here.

As for confirmation of this "story".... How about giving someone a few of days, instead of posting needless comments and piling on. That's "one" of my beefs in here! One person calls BS and a bunch more pile on, and that's what prompted me to finally speak up! He could probably run down there by noon and have photos, but I asked for him to wait until my schedule opened up on the weekend and I would help him verify what he saw. Plus I would like to see what happens to it, if it is a ZR-1.
Show me where I called BS anywhere in this post, I simply asked for any pics yet? It was an update request but once again all ZR-1s owners (you as well) are all alike right? The above comments would have worked but no you choose to attack... So heres my beef with your beef. Followed by pointless inuendo

Shrek...SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!
And finished off with a wiseazz remark? I guess no surprise.

Last edited by Goldcylon; 01-18-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

This post was made on Monday

Originally Posted by IMXCITD
Hey Jeff,

yeah...we can go take a look. Gun show and vettes this weekend?

This post made today, Wednesday.

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Still no pics?

I understand the motivation but he hasn't had a chance to fulfill what he said he'd do.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
This post was made on Monday

This post made today, Wednesday.

I understand the motivation but he hasn't had a chance to fulfill what he said he'd do.
Got it. My point was that was all that was needed to be said. Not the rest of the BS. My request was to the OP... not to Shrek. Also he mentioned he would go with the OP over the weekend AFTER I had made my request for pics. The OP posted up monday morning. Its Wednesday morning 2 days later. Then the pounce. Instead of all the BS all that needed to be said was hey... we are going this weekend.

Well you can read the rest.

Last edited by Goldcylon; 01-18-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Show me where I called BS anywhere in this post, I simply asked for any pics yet? It was an update request but once again all ZR-1s owners (you as well) are all alike right? The above comments would have worked but no you choose to attack... So heres my beef with your beef. Followed by pointless inuendo
I never posted "YOU' called BS?

The post above yours was picture related! I doubt it's necessary to keep asking for pics so soon, unless you're trying to reinforce the BS comment from anothers post!

So it's no surprise that my wiseazz is now done with this BS!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Got it. My point was that was all that was needed to be said. Not the rest of the BS. My request was to the OP... not to Shrek. Also he mentiod he would go with the OP over the weekend AFTER I had made my request for pics. THe OP posted up Sun day morning. Its Wendsday morning 4 days later. Then the pounce.
Im reading that the first post was made 1-16-12 which was Monday morning at 10:52am. I remember reading the thread before there was the first reply. At 12:01p on 1-16-12 he stated they would go this coming weekend. You requested photos 4 hours later, all on the same day....or else my cpu is really screwing up.

Either way...I too look forward to seeing the pics. Hell Im only 45 minutes away maybe I need to come take a look too.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

I never posted "YOU' called BS?

The post above yours was picture related! I doubt it's necessary to keep asking for pics so soon, unless you're trying to reinforce the BS comment from anothers post!

So it's no surprise that my wiseazz is now done with this BS!
Sorry your feelings are hurt for being called out. Once again you put us all in one group. Once again the request was not to you but the OP. Choose your rants carefully and on an adult level.

Last edited by Goldcylon; 01-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Either way...I too look forward to seeing the pics. Hell Im only 45 minutes away maybe I need to come take a look too.

Concur, I do as well. Which was my point lol

Last edited by Goldcylon; 01-18-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Im reading that the first post was made 1-16-12 which was Monday morning at 10:52am.
Nope your correct it was Monday. I corrected that post.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:17 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 AM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Hey guys. Hopefully I am a credible member here and an honest person. It has been a busy week at work and I said I will get there this weekend and take pics....and I will. Shrek and I will prob go first thing Sat. morning..provided itz ok w the shop owner. It's unfortunate that ....what I thought was a fun little story...has turned into the usual key board jousting. This is one of the down sides of this and many forums. I haved owned many cars and many corvettes...bought and sold some on this very forum. I posted the story....just to share a corvette tale with fellow enthusiasts...hoping they would enjoy a fun little tale. did I add a bit here and there to make it fun...sure I did! Itz a car story...not unlike a fishing story....some of it about the actual event..and some bits I added for fun...strictly fun. I didn't do anything to "bait" anyone or share the info for any other reason....than I thought it was interesting and thought some of you might as well.

Anyway...for those of you whom found it fun and interesting...hopefully there will be some pics up this Sat. of the mystery ZR-1.

Thanks
Bill
Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude....sorry I mucked up your thread....seems tolerance levels diminishes with age...who knew

Shrek and I will prob go first thing Sat. morning..provided itz ok w the shop owner.
Thanks
Bill
Even if the owner can't do it on Sat, let's still plan on breakfast, gun show, and a run by Lakin's to pick up some seat brackets. Have you seen his supercharged Viper? We can squeeze in a stop at the shop if the owner agrees to a viewing. I talked to Demps and he's in for a morning of Corvette debauchery!

I'll have to be home before the boss gets home from work. If I don't show some progress on her Z, I'll be on lock down for any future Corvette play dates until it's done!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:05 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

did I add a bit here and there to make it fun...sure I did! Itz a car story...not unlike a fishing story....some of it about the actual event..and some bits I added for fun...strictly fun. I didn't do anything to "bait" anyone or share the info for any other reason....than I thought it was interesting and thought some of you might as well.
Bill, sorry for my part in this; I didn't intend any insult. It's just that when I read this I picked up on the elements of the story that you added. There was just enough of the story that sounded fishy to bring "fishing story" to mind for me.

You have to remember we're car guys here... if we had a dollar for every barn find story or "I had a L-88/Boss 429/Shelby/426 Hemi" story, then most of us would be very rich men. What does this mean? Most of us can smell a story a mile away.

But it's all in good fun. I'm looking forward to pictures and to finding out what's really in your friend's shop.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

No problem Blackbird.

Went to make an appt for Sat. morning for Jeff, Ted and myself to look the car over and take pics....car is gone. Turns out the car was stolen out of Florida. The guys son stole the car and drove it up here....whatever happened after that is not known. The owner flew up and trailered the vette back down to Florida today. I can tell you from what I remember...it was a ZR1. It was not a '90....newer body than a '90...It had slats in the cove/vent in front of the doors and it had saw blades....rears were wider than fronts. It was an LT5 engine...and it was polished or chromed w yellow lettering. The car was yellow, black interior and both tops. One Florida plate on the rear.
Sorry we were unable to get pics. Looking back...I should've just taken some w my cell phone on the spot when I was there.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Then this shall go quietly into the annals of Corvette mythology. There was once a ZR-1 found abandoned on the side of the road.......
Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

No problem Blackbird.

Went to make an appt for Sat. morning for Jeff, Ted and myself to look the car over and take pics....car is gone. Turns out the car was stolen out of Florida. The guys son stole the car and drove it up here....whatever happened after that is not known. The owner flew up and trailered the vette back down to Florida today. I can tell you from what I remember...it was a ZR1. It was not a '90....newer body than a '90...It had slats in the cove/vent in front of the doors and it had saw blades....rears were wider than fronts. It was an LT5 engine...and it was polished or chromed w yellow lettering. The car was yellow, black interior and both tops. One Florida plate on the rear.
Sorry we were unable to get pics. Looking back...I should've just taken some w my cell phone on the spot when I was there.
Stolen, just as suspected. Flew up and then trailered it?
I'll be that's one pizzed off Dad
Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

yes...flew up...rented a truck and trailer...and trailered it down to Florida. That is what the shop owner told me this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Garage find.....errr...kind of (ZR1 related)