C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Does anyone use Evans Waterless Coolant?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 12:04 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Does anyone use Evans Waterless Coolant?

A friend mentioned this stuff to me, and sent me the link to their website.
Having read everything on the site, the claimed advantages inspire of the increased coolant temp of 3 to 7 degrees seems to far outweigh that single disadvantage.
Well a second disadvantage is the cost compared to green,but hey we spare no expense for these toys, right?

What I would like to know is does anyone use this in their ZR-1, or other vehicles, and if so, what do you think?

If you don't use it,what have you heard and or why don't you use it?

Here is the link to their site

http://www.evanscooling.com/

I searched the ZR-1thread with no luck,perhaps a search of more general threads will yield something, but what do you guys think?

Thanks!
Marty
NCRSZR1
95PACER
Old 07-09-2014, 03:20 PM
XLR8TIN
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

I saw a waterless product being used on TV, Wheeler Dealer show, I think it eliminated the pressure & rust???? Good enough for Leno, that is good enough for me, unless he was paid off
Old 07-09-2014, 05:12 PM
captcorvette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XLR8TIN
I saw a waterless product being used on TV, Wheeler Dealer show, I think it eliminated the pressure & rust???? Good enough for Leno, that is good enough for me, unless he was paid off
I don't believe it but I just found a dealer for this product over here in Dubai. HOWEVER no place on their web site do they list a price nor an availability. Lots of places list products then when you visit their place the reply is "out of stock" but we can order it for you and it will be ten years from next Friday when it gets here and you have to prepay the entire order plus shipping. Any idea what the USA price is for the prep and the product is?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

a lot racers use Evans

much higher boiling point, operates at lower pressure, not as damaging to bearings if you blow a head gasket and it gets in the oil

it's pretty cool stuff but like dexcool, I'd sure want to know if it will hurt the head gasket!

it's also pretty pricey stuff
Old 07-14-2014, 10:09 AM
digg101
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default evans

I have it in my 95. The previous owner had already installed it so I have kept using it. I had Marc Haibeck do a top end port and polish and he saved and reused the coolant. I cant say that it makes a Noticeable difference but I haven't had any problems overheating either. I think I bought straight from the evans website but haven't had to use any of it yet. I have the green stuff in the other 3 Z's and havnt had any problems with them over heating either.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone use Evans Waterless Coolant?

Quick Reply: Does anyone use Evans Waterless Coolant?