C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

New - C4 ZR-1 Hunt - Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 12:27 PM
TOM65 L76 96 LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

There is a Red/Red 91 with 70k for miles listed on Facebook Market Place, location is Waterman Il. which is about 60 miles due west of Chicago, looks nice in the photos, asking price is 26k, sellers name is Robert Heywood.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:37 PM
King of the Hill
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM65 L76 96 LT1
There is a Red/Red 91 with 70k for miles listed on Facebook Market Place, location is Waterman Il. which is about 60 miles due west of Chicago, looks nice in the photos, asking price is 26k, sellers name is Robert Heywood.
I went and looked at the car in person. A nice car and good honest seller, but the car did have its fair share of issues. Not worth the asking price based on condition.
Old 01-25-2024, 02:46 PM
Rush91
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by King of the Hill
Hi, all. New to the Corvette world but have been involved in the restoration game for quite some time with various A-Body muscle cars.

My intent is to acquire a C4 ZR-1 in the next few months before warmer weather hits. I've been eyeing a few local ZR-1's and was carefully paying attention to the C4 ZR-1's that crossed through Mecum over the past two weeks. I plan to register for the ZR-1 forum as well as connect with Mark aka ZR-1 Authority.

Most ZR-1's I've seen on the market are relatively low mileage. I'm looking for more of a driver. Any concerns with mileage in excess of 50k? Everything I've read has indicated that as long as maintenance was performed, the LT-5 will go for well beyond 150k miles. What's the general consensus from the community? What should I look to spend for a "higher mileage" '91 or '92 ZR-1?

I'd say be patient young Padawan.....I looked for over a year and finally found my Z. Gave me time to save some $$$ up and learn a ton about them. Your already heading in the right direction, you have the Guru in your area. Marc will lead you right and pretty much has touched all Z owners cars lol. Next is the ZR-1 Regisrty as you noted.......I joined and scoured over every thread and post for a year. From reading those posts and asking newbie questions, I knew what to look for, what to look out for......Those guys are some of the nicest, most helpful guys. I'll see you over there

In the 8 years I have had my '91 Z, it has been literally bulletproof. I know that term gets thrown around a lot, but it's the best way to say it. I hook it to the battery tender and if it sit 2 months, it has always fired up. Change the oil every spring, and it's good to go. Doesn't over -heat , never given me a no-start / leave you stranded problem......... Mine has probably 62,000 miles, all original except injectors Marc H changed out, and his programmed chip. What I'm rambling on about is, just be patient. You will find that right one when you see it. But as I think you stated, some work maybe need to go into some of these cars. They are 32 years old.

Last time I had mine out was probably the end of November and drove it work. And then OF COURSE it would have to rain that day

The following users liked this post:
Will69camaro (01-25-2024)

Quick Reply: New - C4 ZR-1 Hunt - Chicagoland