Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

dont laugh...im new

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
GaDoll
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In 11 Veteran

Price doesn't always mean quality......my son may have his '95 sold for $11,500 .....prospective buyer looking at it at this moment......he bought it with some cosmetic issues....had smashed into a guard rail....and he checked the engine/frame/interior/suspension/the works, out and once he knew it was only the right side needing attention he bought the car. He worked on it over a period of time and got it in show-room condition....took it to a show and won.....he's had a great time with this car.....and now it's time to sell and move on. This would have been a great car for anyone at a great low price but it had a re-built title. If you know who you're dealing with and if they are honest you can trust a sale like this. A lot of people know us and we won't sell anyone a dud if we know it.

As far as high miles go.....I have a CE coupe with 109,000 and counting.....I had to spend money to replace things as they came up...u-joints, bushings, things like that....but this car rocks....LT4 and just a wonderful car. Buy from someone you can trust, drive the car, take it to a dealer and put it up on a rack and let a mechanic look it over if you need too.....but the Corvette is the true American sports car and the Corvette family (get in a club) is a great group to be associated with.
Hope to see you at an event when you get that Vette.....
Carol
Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 PM
NY~FX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GaDoll surprised you didnt mention you just got a 99 magnetic red 6 speed coupe 79 k miles Z51 around 19K - congrats - because I think the thats what newby91989 should be using as a c5 "template" - good deal - reasonable miles - z51 - etc --- his 15K index won't get him that.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
robert123
Drifting

You'll be happier with a c5. I brought a 96 LT4 which had good power but I am 255 pounds and was not comfortable in it so I sold it less than 1yr after I brought it.I brought a 97 6speed which is just as fast as the LT4 but more comfortable, better riding , better looking. For 15k you can buy a decent c5 if you look ,and can travel to pick it up, I did!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Bengeeee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robert123
You'll be happier with a c5. I brought a 96 LT4 which had good power but I am 255 pounds and was not comfortable in it so I sold it less than 1yr after I brought it.I brought a 97 6speed which is just as fast as the LT4 but more comfortable, better riding , better looking. For 15k you can buy a decent c5 if you look ,and can travel to pick it up, I did!
I wouldnt reccomend an lt4 either. An ls1 camaro or firehawk is a completely different animal with ls1 (corvette power). It is much cheaper to mod than a vette and is cheaper to own in general. Also, I'm not stereotyping but he appears to be 17. Unless daddy is paying 15k is a lot for someone that age who will either just be entering the work force or going to school. I don't know his financials and there none of my business... but i dont see a high milage c5 as practical for someone who is stretching 15k. Dont forget gas and insurance (and food at least a few times a week (= )

Just my oppinion,

Ben

Last edited by Bengeeee; 02-22-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
C5Z06Nut
Pro

Good advise Ben

Quick Reply: dont laugh...im new