Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

1999 Mint FRC 27,000 miles $20,000

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 01:57 AM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow if I this was avaiable and I was looking for a car I would be all over that! $20K for a low mile FRC is crazy low!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
MagMan44
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrier
I am confused about why my car has not sold.
It is a beautiful car. It is all stock except for the Z06 Exhaust and intake, '04 Wheels and New Tires (with New sensors). I tried to be as honest as I could in describing it yet no one has even looked at it. Perhaps my original price of $22.500 was too high, but the latest Price of $20,000 ( is good and within the range for the low mileage (27,800). Car was delivered 4/30/99.
I could lower the price by removing the Z06 stuff but many on the Forum as well as myself seem to feel they are sought after, and end up buying them.
The car has a clear title, still under GMPP (although only 1 month left now), everything works with the exception of the occasional fuel gauge issue. The car has had 4 or so trips to the Dealer since new according to the GM Service record . Those were for minor adjustments or recall inspections.
A Forum poster suggested that the reason the car has not sold was because I had mentioned that the Active Handling Code appeared and I should have it repaired. I felt a new owner would feel more comfortable having it repaired (no charge), at their own Dealer so I mentioned it rather then just have it repaired. I ended up having it repaired Under Warranty, still no interest!
The car has had 1 or two owners, the Carfax appears to show a couple of Transfers which seem to be Title or residence changes, no accidents. This was explained by the Dealer ( in New Hampshire) when I bought it.
I will most probably place it on the auction site or the local paper.
I really thought someone here could and would appreciate it, but I guess not.
Barrier
Barrier,

This is a great car w/ tasteful mods at a very reasonable price. IMO the only reason your car hasn't sold is because very few people are buying at this time (as James Carvell said, " It's the economy, s*****".) I'm hoping to buy in fall and have been watching this section as well as the auction site and cars are just not selling unless they are an absolute steal.

I hope you can wait it out until things get back to normal, or the right buyer steps up. Good luck with selling this beautiful car.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
TGstring
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Default ...

I'll tell ya,
I wouldn't sell at $15k either, no matter what, but the reality is that it's a buyer's market.

My "guage" so to speak was an all original, fully optioned '99 coupe that sold for $18k with only a few more thousand miles, so a base '99 frc can't sell for more than that.

I would give this car consideration- it would be less than $20, but more than $15.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
olemissfan
1st Gear

Would you take any trades?
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Barrier
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I am not interested in trades at this time. Thanks for the offer.
TGstring, What is a base FRC? The FRC is not a Coupe, I chose the FRC because in my opinion it is the Best Looking of the C5s, I did not settle for one. I kinda resent the Comparison "a base '99 FRC can't sell for more", why not? There are those who love the Coupe and those who love the Convertible. I have had Coupes and I never removed the Top it was too much of a pain for me to store in the back. I have had Convertibles and I rarely put the Top down, in fact on my other cars I never open the Sun Roof. To each his own!
I think this car has the important options. Active Handling, Power Drivers seat, Bose. It does not have HUD, but since it is a late (April '99) it has the correct Cluster to add it. In fact I have the Complete HUD unit as well as an HUD Dash with the cutout already in I just never installed it. I will sell that for what I paid from Gene Culley I'll even throw in the Dash. I think this car has the GM options that most want Z06 Exhaust etc. I hope I'm not stepping on toes but what are the other options a non base car would have?? Power Pass seat? Multiple CD Player, Auto Climate system?
I was going to buy Magnesium Wheels but the Maintenance and difficulty with Tire changes and chips and cracks were more than I could deal with. I had Chrome Thin Spokes, they were beautiful but the constant chrome cleaning was too much for where I live and drive. I like the way it looks with painted Thin Spokes and the maintenance is the same as a wash and polish.
Barrier

Last edited by Barrier; 08-18-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:21 PM
tremor1
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not interested in trades at this time. Thanks for the offer.
TGstring, What is a base FRC? The FRC is not a Coupe, I chose the FRC because in my opinion it is the Best Looking of the C5s, I did not settle for one. I kinda resent the Comparison "a base '99 FRC can't sell for more", why not? There are those who love the Coupe and those who love the Convertible. I have had Coupes and I never removed the Top it was too much of a pain for me to store in the back. I have had Convertibles and I rarely put the Top down, in fact on my other cars I never open the Sun Roof. To each his own!
I think this car has the important options. Active Handling, Power Drivers seat, Bose. It does not have HUD, but since it is a late (April '99) it has the correct Cluster to add it. In fact I have the Complete HUD unit as well as an HUD Dash with the cutout already in I just never installed it. I will sell that for what I paid from Gene Culley I'll even throw in the Dash. I think this car has the GM options that most want Z06 Exhaust etc. I hope I'm not stepping on toes but what are the other options a non base car would have?? Power Pass seat? Multiple CD Player, Auto Climate system?
I was going to buy Magnesium Wheels but the Maintenance and difficulty with Tire changes and chips and cracks were more than I could deal with. I had Chrome Thin Spokes, they were beautiful but the constant chrome cleaning was too much for where I live and drive. I like the way it looks with painted Thin Spokes and the maintenance is the same as a wash and polish.
Barrier
I'm with you Barrier. FRCs rock. Tighter, lighter, drier and sportier. I don't want to be one of those " if " guys but, if this truck of mine would ever sale, I would come all the way from Texas to buy your car @ $20K and still feel like I got a deal. Good Luck.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:18 AM
TQ_
Cruising

Keeping my eye on this... To the top for you.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:14 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

ditto, I sent you a pm.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 PM
tremor1
Burning Brakes

bumpage
Old 08-24-2008, 01:11 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

I have been looking for a low mileage unmolested FRC, or Z06 for a while now. I've got a 2000 Coupe, and a 2000 FRC. From what I have seen lately, the 2001 Z06's have come down to the low low 21K mark. I think that people get soo caught up in the "FRC" thing that it causes them to think the price is justified. A car is only worth what a person is willing to pay, not what a person is willing to sell it for.

I am keeping a SERIOUS eye on this car. Not so much for its condition, but for the condition of the drivetrain and panels. This will be a race car for me, so the ENTIRE drivetrain, interior, and bodypanels will be removed. SO I could honestly care a less about anything else. But the parts being in tip top condition is whats worth it to me.

I'm kinda nervous about the 99 part though. there were sooooo many electronic revisions made in 2001+, I just dont know if the 20K is worth it..

It doesnt have ANY of the newer suspension, traction control electronics..

Ugggggg, decisions..

Dont sell it for a while....I really gotta bounce this around in my head..
I REALLY want a 2001+ STOCK car..

If something comes up where you just say screw it, and want to dump it, let me know. I am NOT interested in lowballing you like that 15K offer. Thats just plain stupid... Sorry, just my opinion..

I am confused about why my car has not sold.
It is a beautiful car. It is all stock except for the Z06 Exhaust and intake, '04 Wheels and New Tires (with New sensors). I tried to be as honest as I could in describing it yet no one has even looked at it. Perhaps my original price of $22.500 was too high, but the latest Price of $20,000 ( is good and within the range for the low mileage (27,800). Car was delivered 4/30/99.
I could lower the price by removing the Z06 stuff but many on the Forum as well as myself seem to feel they are sought after, and end up buying them.
The car has a clear title, still under GMPP (although only 1 month left now), everything works with the exception of the occasional fuel gauge issue. The car has had 4 or so trips to the Dealer since new according to the GM Service record . Those were for minor adjustments or recall inspections.
A Forum poster suggested that the reason the car has not sold was because I had mentioned that the Active Handling Code appeared and I should have it repaired. I felt a new owner would feel more comfortable having it repaired (no charge), at their own Dealer so I mentioned it rather then just have it repaired. I ended up having it repaired Under Warranty, still no interest!
The car has had 1 or two owners, the Carfax appears to show a couple of Transfers which seem to be Title or residence changes, no accidents. This was explained by the Dealer ( in New Hampshire) when I bought it.
I will most probably place it on the auction site or the local paper.
I really thought someone here could and would appreciate it, but I guess not.
Barrier
Old 08-24-2008, 01:54 AM
flynbya2
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

That is a beautiful specimen of a low mileage frc period...
I feel for you trying to sell it though.These cars ,as nice as they all really are,have really dropped in price this last year with the economy and uncertainty of election year and whatnot.
I would suggest NOT removing all those parts you mentioned.Heck,it wouldn't be worth the friggin' labor to do so.
All I can say is,maybe you might want to slightly adjust your price if you really want/need to sell it and hold firm,yet listen to REAL offers.

That is sometimes hard to tell,most of them won't be authentic I think

Times,moods and circumstances all change daily though and maybe,just maybe ,an offer will find it's way to you that you could consider to be a deal.
Then again maybe not,it's all about you,so try to be patient or be prepared to take a good hit.
I really feel for you though...

The Best of luck for the sale of a beautiful FRC that someone will be quite proud to own,as you are I'm sure
Old 08-24-2008, 04:50 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Its just sooooooooo damned nice looking.

My problem is, is I still have access to the "Manheim" dealer internal auction site. If you saw what the dealers are picking them up for, you'd throw up. I'd prefer to buy from a real person i can talk to abut the car, but the 39 FRC's that are less than 30K miles up on the Mannhein dealer auction website" is just killing my pulling of the trigger.

Thats what happens when you run GM dealerships most of your adult life. You see the prices of cars in a WHOLE different light.

Mannnnnn, I just cant decide..

I've got cash in hand if th OP decides to adjust his price accordingly. No loan...Hell no need for a check. I'll bring bills, and a trailer..

I've got 120 days to finish this project..

Originally Posted by flynbya2
That is a beautiful specimen of a low mileage frc period...
I feel for you trying to sell it though.These cars ,as nice as they all really are,have really dropped in price this last year with the economy and uncertainty of election year and whatnot.
I would suggest NOT removing all those parts you mentioned.Heck,it wouldn't be worth the friggin' labor to do so.
All I can say is,maybe you might want to slightly adjust your price if you really want/need to sell it and hold firm,yet listen to REAL offers.

That is sometimes hard to tell,most of them won't be authentic I think

Times,moods and circumstances all change daily though and maybe,just maybe ,an offer will find it's way to you that you could consider to be a deal.
Then again maybe not,it's all about you,so try to be patient or be prepared to take a good hit.
I really feel for you though...

The Best of luck for the sale of a beautiful FRC that someone will be quite proud to own,as you are I'm sure
Old 08-24-2008, 04:33 PM
HG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Barrier,, I don't know if this will help with the gauge problem, I read an article in Corvette Fever about gas gauges dropping to empty when full. The report they say is fairly common problem caused by sulfur deposits on the fuel level sensor. GM sells a Vehicle Care Fuel System Treatment which is specifically designed to clean the fuel system and remove the sulfur deposits.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Barrier
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the help HG. I have been using Techron and B19 periodically. I understand some brands of Gas helps (Top Tier) we don't have those brands here. It is only an occasional occurrence. I always set one trip odometer to zero when I refuel so I know the amount of miles if it trips. It is under GMPP but I have heard that it is a design fault that will only happen again so I decided not to bother.
I have not heard of the GM additive but I will try it.
Barrier
Old 08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
HG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That magazine ( October 2008 issue ) has a very good technical section each month covering all year vetts. I forgot to add it had a service bulletin no. 05-06-04-041 June 14 2005.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Does it have auto dual climate control?

Would you be willing to deliver it to a shop in either NY or NJ for a cage install?

Wil you be transfering the GMPP plan?

How many miles/years left?

Would you be willing to PM me the VIN so I can do a GM VIS search on its repair history? As well as a carfax?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:55 PM
tremor1
Burning Brakes

bump

Get notified of new replies

To 1999 Mint FRC 27,000 miles $20,000

Old 08-27-2008, 09:50 PM
tremor1
Burning Brakes

bump for superman09
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
0Superman09
Former Vendor

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

If it was only black,red,white,or silver. Im not a huge fan of pewter. I like everything else though!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
4440stevesvette
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang in there on your $20,000. The economy WILL get better. I paid $22,000 for my 1999 FRC with 36,800 miles on it 11 months ago and had to fly from Phoenix to Dallas to pick it up. I ended up with a beautiful car that I dearly love and it is head and shoulders over my 91 C4 convert. If I didn't have my FRC, yours would be in my garage NOW!!!

Quick Reply: 1999 Mint FRC 27,000 miles $20,000