C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Presale for complete IN TANK fuel systems, good 1000HP, and mega 2400HP kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 02:33 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We have been building aftermarket billet fuel systems for Supra's , Vipers , Evo's and 350z's for years , and when my car ran out of fuel it was time to make a billet dual/quad system for the C5's

RSI is new to the Corvette community but has been making inovative products for the automotive industry for many years , not to mention their A+ customer support .
Old 12-06-2008, 03:20 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Interested in the 1000hp system, but want more detailed info on the siphon system, or lack there of. You can PM if you'd like. Ready to make a purchase. Wanting to take delivery ASAP. Time frame?

Red lines are for the return .
Old 12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats's a helpful pic of how they need to be ran.

Eric
Old 12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

I believe that picture is the single hanger kit. How does the dual tank kit run ?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Hi LB,

Here's a quick drawing of how the lines will land on the dual system. Each rail being fed by a pump from each tank, then into the regulator, and back to the tanks. The tanks are kept level by the cross line between the 4th ports on the hangers.

Thanks !

Eric
Old 12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Eric,

Does the two tanks equalize by balance ? Also, is there any advantage or disadvantage to running a pump from each tank to the rails rather than one tank to one rail ?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

The two tanks equalize by gravity by way of the line between them keeping them at the same level. As one tank rises or falls, the other tank responds accordingly. It's ideal to use pumps both tanks to feed either rail. You will need some redundency there. They wil work either way though.

Thanks again!

Eric
Old 12-07-2008, 06:56 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Eric,

Do you supply the Y block which will adapt the two fuel lines into one ?

I would run seperate -8an lines to each rail. So I will need to use a y-block for each hanger.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by LB
Eric,

Do you supply the Y block which will adapt the two fuel lines into one ?

I would run seperate -8an lines to each rail. So I will need to use a y-block for each hanger.
Hi LB,

On the high power kits, we sure will. we'l supply ther distribution blocks to merge the lines from the tanks. I run (2) -8AN lines forward to my rails on my personal application.

Thanks!

Eric
Old 12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LB
Also, is there any advantage or disadvantage to running a pump from each tank to the rails rather than one tank to one rail ?
The best thing to do is run all 4 lines into a distrubution block and then feed both rails with -8's off of that so that if for some reason one pump fails you have 3 pumps supplying the motor equally.

You can never be to safe when it comes to big hp and fuel supply.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Eric, get with me tomorrow. I'm ready.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:13 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zoomz
The best thing to do is run all 4 lines into a distrubution block and then feed both rails with -8's off of that so that if for some reason one pump fails you have 3 pumps supplying the motor equally.

You can never be to safe when it comes to big hp and fuel supply.
Is there a way to wire the pumps in series, so if one fails, the others will shut off ?

I usually run a line between rails, and feed back to the regulator. If one pump fails, it will still equalize the fuel pressure between both rails.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Eric at RSI
The two tanks equalize by gravity by way of the line between them keeping them at the same level. As one tank rises or falls, the other tank responds accordingly. It's ideal to use pumps both tanks to feed either rail. You will need some redundency there. They wil work either way though.

Thanks again!

Eric
Question on cross-over or balancing line, don't you expect problems when fuel tanks get low i.e. 1/2 tank but in reality that is only 1/4 tank in each side? The intent of the transfer pump as designed, was to move fuel from passenger side to drivers side, which allows tank(s) to be run very low without pump suction issues. As an example at 1/2 tank passanger side should be empty with drivers full...

Also PCM is supposed to throw a code if doesn't see higher level in drivers side tank then passengers (a sanity check to verify correct jet pump operation).

Oh, killer looking products especially single tank unit.

Mike
Old 12-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
Question on cross-over or balancing line, don't you expect problems when fuel tanks get low i.e. 1/2 tank but in reality that is only 1/4 tank in each side? The intent of the transfer pump as designed, was to move fuel from passenger side to drivers side, which allows tank(s) to be run very low without pump suction issues. As an example at 1/2 tank passanger side should be empty with drivers full...

Also PCM is supposed to throw a code if doesn't see higher level in drivers side tank then passengers (a sanity check to verify correct jet pump operation).

Oh, killer looking products especially single tank unit.

Mike
In working with the syphon system, we've found that the two sending units take an average of the two tanks and relayed that to the gauge in cockpit. Like the passenger tank would be full and the driver tank empty, and the gauge would read 1/2 tank. The crossover line is right on the level of the float arm so the fuel should balance between the two tanks nicely. Remember too that this kit is for those guys pushing massive, massive power. When pushing that much HP, it's not advised to let the fuel get below a quarter to half tank at all.

Thanks!!

Eric
Old 12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Eric at RSI
In working with the syphon system, we've found that the two sending units take an average of the two tanks and relayed that to the gauge in cockpit. Like the passenger tank would be full and the driver tank empty, and the gauge would read 1/2 tank. The crossover line is right on the level of the float arm so the fuel should balance between the two tanks nicely. Remember too that this kit is for those guys pushing massive, massive power. When pushing that much HP, it's not advised to let the fuel get below a quarter to half tank at all.

Thanks!!

Eric
As far as averaging tank levels that is correct but my old 04 would just go E (empty) if drivers side was not fuller... not sure what years act how but you will see some variance from model year to model year. I know other people had issues with erroneous readings when jet pump did not work correctly...

Again good luck and great product at a very reasonable price given what is included.

Oh, one last thought, I know none of the dual tank pump cars are going to experience high lateral G's but restricting cross-over or balance line may not be a bad idea to limit back and forth sloshing.

Mike
Old 12-07-2008, 09:47 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

I believe the socks rest at the bottom of the tank. If you keep these tanks over 1/4 at all times, they should stay fully submerged and the cross over will equalize the tanks.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
As far as averaging tank levels that is correct but my old 04 would just go E (empty) if drivers side was not fuller... not sure what years act how but you will see some variance from model year to model year. I know other people had issues with erroneous readings when jet pump did not work correctly...

Again good luck and great product at a very reasonable price given what is included.

Oh, one last thought, I know none of the dual tank pump cars are going to experience high lateral G's but restricting cross-over or balance line may not be a bad idea to limit back and forth sloshing.

Mike
Originally Posted by LB
I believe the socks rest at the bottom of the tank. If you keep these tanks over 1/4 at all times, they should stay fully submerged and the cross over will equalize the tanks.
LB is right, we've placed the filter socks flatly on the bottom of the tank so the fuel is bieng picked up form the lowermost level possible. Thanks Mike for the good questions. They're honest questions that some folks would be interested in. On the '99 test car, the two sending arms averaged out between the two. Keep in mind also, and as LB said, that if someone is pushing massive HP, it's best to keep a good level of fuel in the tank. It's a cheap precaution.

Thanks!

Eric

Get notified of new replies

To Presale for complete IN TANK fuel systems, good 1000HP, and mega 2400HP kits!!

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

I hear my externally mounted pump start to whine and guzzle when getting close to an empty tank. I can only imagine if there was little enough fuel to starve the pump. I hear the walboro pumps tend to fail if you starve the fuel, so we don't take those chances
Old 12-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Eric at RSI
Instructor

Being an external, I'm sure that it can be heard from a block away.

Eric
Old 12-07-2008, 11:40 PM
LB
Melting Slicks

The Bosch 044 is not to loud at all ...

Quick Reply: Presale for complete IN TANK fuel systems, good 1000HP, and mega 2400HP kits!!