C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best C5 Paddle Shift setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by c5mtl
what i dont think we will have is rev matching...really makes the paddle shifter fun to drive...does anybody think its possible???im sure the new c6 auto matches revs on downshifts
Most likely not.

A manually shifted (paddle) auto is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to be like a paddle shift sequential manual. Now, if someone could get a real sequential manual box in the C5 with an Auto setting, THAT would be awesome.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Jaxian
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Default There is...kinda.

There is one, the Hollinger. It's the LG Motorsports uses and a few other people apparently who race a lot. Thing is its insanely expensive and almost impossible for a non professional to set up and configure. I think it also requires that you use the $8,000 Motec ECU for it to talk with the trans controller.

There was a whole thread on these things in the C6Z area a long while back, very neat but I don't think very streetable. Man it would be sweet to find one that did work in a C5Z for normal money/ablity people.

Quick Reply: Best C5 Paddle Shift setup