C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maggies with Meth Warning!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,117 Likes on 990 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
But again, just because someone does it, doesnt make it right.

There are hundreds of documented cased with pictures on the net. We have seen dozens of rotors like that.
Jeff,

I don't get why these guys want to argue. All I did what state verbatim what I was told by the manufacture's rep. I had heard the rumors and seen reports on the net.

That's why I asked they guys at Magnuson face to face. I can't imagine why they would lie to me straight to my face????

My thought process was that the information might be of help to the guys running Maggies.

Personally I could give a **** whether you choose to believe what I was told or not.

I don't feel it's worth the risk to gain a little extra HP on the Dyno. I know it's for safety However I know of very few guys running meth that don't tune for and run the extra power full time.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys....

After replacing my Alky Control pump due to corrosion from using undiluted meth.....I started using Redline`s Alchol Fuel Lubricant (1 bottle per 5gal can) they claim it prevents gelling and corrosion in nito/meth fuel systems, lubricates upper cylinder, etc...

So far I have had no further corrosion issues with the pump and I`m sure it is doing the same for the rotors in my Maggie....

I have not encountered ANY ill effects from mixing this product with the meth and I sleep better knowing that the meth sitting in the tank/pump is not eating away at the pump seals...

Quick Reply: Maggies with Meth Warning!