C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pondering nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a wet nitrous outlet kit with all the bells and whistles running a 150shot on my 04z and love it.No problems what so ever

my guy has a 98 100k miles c5 ..he installed a dynotune kit..with a 150shot he went from low 13s to a 11.19 spraying out of the hole..than broke something in his drivetrain..were not sure what it is yet lol..built drivetrain already on the way.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:31 PM
billymz28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nitrous outlet plate kit nice and clean and you will love the 150 shot.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 AM
c5z16z
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Badd LS6
i have a wet nitrous outlet kit with all the bells and whistles running a 150shot on my 04z and love it.No problems what so ever

my guy has a 98 100k miles c5 ..he installed a dynotune kit..with a 150shot he went from low 13s to a 11.19 spraying out of the hole..than broke something in his drivetrain..were not sure what it is yet lol..built drivetrain already on the way.
same here 04 c5 z cammed full exhaust and planning nitrous outlets wet plate kit jus dont kno if i need a stand alone for the 175 shot or can i still pull from the rail.. n by the way how does the 150 shot pull like..
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Originally Posted by c5z16z
same here 04 c5 z cammed full exhaust and planning nitrous outlets wet plate kit jus dont kno if i need a stand alone for the 175 shot or can i still pull from the rail.. n by the way how does the 150 shot pull like..
Well for a while i had 1st gear lock out activated, than i went to the track with the nitrous activating in 1st gear. Let's just say it slipped my mind that the nitrous was comen on in first gear and when i mashed it i got a nice little scare haha..

here's a lil vid of a quick 1st gear pull on 150shot around 15-20mph

Old 11-21-2011, 09:17 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

Well for a while i had 1st gear lock out activated, than i went to the track with the nitrous activating in 1st gear. Let's just say it slipped my mind that the nitrous was comen on in first gear and when i mashed it i got a nice little scare haha..

here's a lil vid of a quick 1st gear pull on 150shot around 15-20mph

nice .. right now i am putting down 433 RWHP 400 RWTQ WITH A
COMP .601 .605 236 238 112+4 LSA .. LG 1 3/4 super street headers catless pipes.. borla stinger catback ... and a vararam kit.. thats it..
what gain do you think i will see from a 150 shot...
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

nice .. right now i am putting down 433 RWHP 400 RWTQ WITH A
COMP .601 .605 236 238 112+4 LSA .. LG 1 3/4 super street headers catless pipes.. borla stinger catback ... and a vararam kit.. thats it..
what gain do you think i will see from a 150 shot...
I have just about the sam mods as you besides the cam. I'm planning on going with a cam this winter..I'm considering the SI6 cam 235/240 exh. lift .621 int .609 exh. 111 LSA.. I didn't get a good idea what my car made because speed incs dyno seems to read super low for some reason..And when it was on the dyno i had 100 shot pills in.

With vararam, longtubes,catless X, borla straights And a 125shot i ran a best of 11.2 @ 129 with a 1.8 60ft..That was my best between 3 runs.. I wasnt able to get more runs in cuz the track was busy. I know i could of broke into the 10s with a lower 60ft
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

I have just about the sam mods as you besides the cam. I'm planning on going with a cam this winter..I'm considering the SI6 cam 235/240 exh. lift .621 int .609 exh. 111 LSA.. I didn't get a good idea what my car made because speed incs dyno seems to read super low for some reason..And when it was on the dyno i had 100 shot pills in.

With vararam, longtubes,catless X, borla straights And a 125shot i ran a best of 11.2 @ 129 with a 1.8 60ft..That was my best between 3 runs.. I wasnt able to get more runs in cuz the track was busy. I know i could of broke into the 10s with a lower 60ft
good for you man your car SCREAMS nice times

so with the 150 shot i can easily break in to the high 10s.. ...
and i also plan on going with nitrous outlets plate kit what kit do you have .....? and about how much did the kit run with all the nice bells n whistels?

and what mods do you have to run that 11.2... currently..?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
molten vett
Drifting

Default Dynotune

Well if you do decide to spray im going to be selling my Dyntune kit. And it does have all the bells and whistles.
Got me an ECS blower and i'll be switching this winter

Dual 10 lb bottles
Purge
Dual heaters
Bottle opener
FJO progressive controller
Ahstray switch
Billet bottle holders
Upgraded "Big Shot" soleniods

I was set up for a 150 shot.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

good for you man your car SCREAMS nice times

so with the 150 shot i can easily break in to the high 10s.. ...
and i also plan on going with nitrous outlets plate kit what kit do you have .....? and about how much did the kit run with all the nice bells n whistels?

and what mods do you have to run that 11.2... currently..?
with your setup, i'd say you could easily break into the 10s, with a good tire and good launch. I only got 3 runs in and managed the 11.2 with a crappy 1.8 60ft.

i have the nitrous outlet plate kit that i pieced together.

i had a NX kit previous to it but i didnt trust the used solenoids, I'm using somethings from that kit but i also traded a guy C6z wheels for a brand new nitrous outlet kit. This is everything i have with my kit on my car.

-N.O 10lb bottle
-860 performance heater/bracket
-N.O window switch with WOT switch
-N.O fuel and nitrous solenoids
-N.O purge
-N.O intake mounting brackets
-Fuel pressure safety switch
-Ashtray switch panel
-Glowshift Fuel pressure gauge which went to crap, so now i have a mechanical gauge on my rail.
-Glowshift Nitrous pressure gauge which went to crap as well so now i have a mechanical gauge on my main line.
-78mm Plate that i bought from my friend for $100
-Dynotune Lean shutdown switch.
-Aem Uego Wideband
Br7ef plugs

I kinda went all out with my kit lol, i wanted to make sure it was safe as safe can be. The kit i traded my wheels for was a pretty pricey kit but i got a good deal on it with trading my C6z wheels. If i had to rough estimate it, i would say all in all my kit should be worth around 1300-1400..including all the gauges n such.

It looks pretty sloppy because of the solenoid to plate spaghetti lines..I'm gonna switch them to hardlines this winter. Ignore the main line coming out from the fuel rail cover all crazy..it's under the cover now.

I apologize for the lonnng post lol.Hopefully i don't get yelled at.

Last edited by Badd LS6; 11-22-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Do you have any fuel system upgrades already? such as the racetronix pump and wire?

I went with a standalone once I bumped to a direct port. With a dry shot I was spraying 200 without any issues, but the draw on the fuel system with the wet shot created a horrible lean spike. So that is why I went with the stand alone.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Do you have any fuel system upgrades already? such as the racetronix pump and wire?

I went with a standalone once I bumped to a direct port. With a dry shot I was spraying 200 without any issues, but the draw on the fuel system with the wet shot created a horrible lean spike. So that is why I went with the stand alone.
i dont have any supporting mods when i am ready to do the nitrous in a couple of months .. i will make sure i get everything i need i have been shopping around prices parts and brands and also seeing what people are running here in the forums that works with out any issues on parts ect.. and most of the people i talk to in person and several people in forums are running NITROUS OUTLETS kits so thats what i willl be going with..

also its what my tuner here in houston recommends...

but to your question i will be buying a racetronix pump and the hot wire kit and i have decided on going with a 150 shot....afterall..
Old 11-22-2011, 04:26 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

with your setup, i'd say you could easily break into the 10s, with a good tire and good launch. I only got 3 runs in and managed the 11.2 with a crappy 1.8 60ft.

i have the nitrous outlet plate kit that i pieced together.

i had a NX kit previous to it but i didnt trust the used solenoids, I'm using somethings from that kit but i also traded a guy C6z wheels for a brand new nitrous outlet kit. This is everything i have with my kit on my car.

-N.O 10lb bottle
-860 performance heater/bracket
-N.O window switch with WOT switch
-N.O fuel and nitrous solenoids
-N.O purge
-N.O intake mounting brackets
-Fuel pressure safety switch
-Ashtray switch panel
-Glowshift Fuel pressure gauge which went to crap, so now i have a mechanical gauge on my rail.
-Glowshift Nitrous pressure gauge which went to crap as well so now i have a mechanical gauge on my main line.
-78mm Plate that i bought from my friend for $100
-Dynotune Lean shutdown switch.
-Aem Uego Wideband
Br7ef plugs

I kinda went all out with my kit lol, i wanted to make sure it was safe as safe can be. The kit i traded my wheels for was a pretty pricey kit but i got a good deal on it with trading my C6z wheels. If i had to rough estimate it, i would say all in all my kit should be worth around 1300-1400..including all the gauges n such.

It looks pretty sloppy because of the solenoid to plate spaghetti lines..I'm gonna switch them to hardlines this winter. Ignore the main line coming out from the fuel rail cover all crazy..it's under the cover now.

I apologize for the lonnng post lol.Hopefully i don't get yelled at.
no problem for the long post i like details i like pics of sets ups..

just one question were did you get the 3 gauge pillar pod? i need that

also wht tires are you running at the track and what size rim stock wheels..?

and i am going to get all the gauges bells and wistles purge ect.. i will be getting their hard line kit i understand they have a universal but i like the hard line kit personal opinion... also with a racetronix pump and hot wire kit... i just dont want to remove the timing from my n/a tune so i will be using this lingenfelter gadget to pull the timing when nitrous is hit ...but nice set up man ..
Old 11-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Thanks man..I bought the pillar from a guy on the forum for $40..they pop up every now and than, not too hard to find and their cheap. I was running a 295/17 bald mickey thompson, i believe the sidewall is a 45..yah I love the hardline kit..i'm gonna order it tomorrow i think.

I have a 2 gauge pod that i need to sell lol..sitting in my closet.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

Thanks man..I bought the pillar from a guy on the forum for $40..they pop up every now and than, not too hard to find and their cheap. I was running a 295/17 bald mickey thompson, i believe the sidewall is a 45..yah I love the hardline kit..i'm gonna order it tomorrow i think.

I have a 2 gauge pod that i need to sell lol..sitting in my closet.
when im ready ill think about your 2 guage pod if you still have it but i would like the 3 guager... but i am thinking of getting my heads ported n polished .. with a FAST 102 with the 102 combo throtle body...

will see what i do 1st... but really wanna spray..
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

i dont have any supporting mods when i am ready to do the nitrous in a couple of months .. i will make sure i get everything i need i have been shopping around prices parts and brands and also seeing what people are running here in the forums that works with out any issues on parts ect.. and most of the people i talk to in person and several people in forums are running NITROUS OUTLETS kits so thats what i willl be going with..

also its what my tuner here in houston recommends...

but to your question i will be buying a racetronix pump and the hot wire kit and i have decided on going with a 150 shot....afterall..
Nitrous Outlet is the way to go. I have bought my kits from them and they are quality products. For some of the smaller stuff like heaters, openers and gauges I get my things from Dynotune. They have some good gauges for a quality price. Now if you need some custom panels for you cars nitrous switches look for Beer99C5 on this forum.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Nitrous Outlet is the way to go. I have bought my kits from them and they are quality products. For some of the smaller stuff like heaters, openers and gauges I get my things from Dynotune. They have some good gauges for a quality price. Now if you need some custom panels for you cars nitrous switches look for Beer99C5 on this forum.
what does Beer99c5 do he knows were to get some custom panels?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In IX Veteran

what does Beer99c5 do he knows were to get some custom panels?
He makes custom panels you can place in the ash tray area of the car.

This thread here shows some of his work.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...-pictures.html
Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM
c5z16z
Instructor

nice panel in the pic from the link... ill be contacting him later

Quick Reply: Pondering nitrous