C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (wet) - OMG!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 11:23 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (wet) - OMG!!

All I can say it WOW :eek: - I had no idea that "my" car could accelerate like that!!

We went out on a large toll way and made a quick run against a friends 2001 Viper on a 200 Shot and the Z hung right with him.. Although he did edge me out buy a bumper (as I was granny shifting), I was very impressed, and freaked at the same time.. We both thought he would still walk on my car - but he didnt. He thinks his 200 shot isn’t "hitting" right, so lets razz him about how weak that Dodge is anyways... :lol: Just kiddin Crocket!

What was a trip, was to see how bad my car would pull on him when he was on motor.. hehe - that will give ya an ego..

We are going to Ennis this Friday - so I am sure we will bring back some decent videos of the runs...

Many thanks to Chris McKinney (99BlkHT) and Crockett (Big Carrot) for helping me or practically installing the setup for me.. I am going to have it dynoed this week to see what she does on spray..

Hi, my name is Brent and I am a Nitrous Junkie... :lol:
Old 05-06-2002, 12:05 PM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (wet) - OMG!! (bparker)

Hi Brent, my name is Cameron and I too am a nitrous junkie. :)

I was planning on coming out Sat. night to hook up with Crockett and his Viper buds but the lightning kept me home. I rode shotgun with Crocket out at the Texas Motor Speedway earlier in the evening and his Viper stuck like glue on the bigs banks. It was very :cool:
Old 05-06-2002, 01:06 PM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (wet) - OMG!! (bparker)

Awesome! What kind of kit did you hookup and accessories as well? :cheers:
Old 05-06-2002, 01:16 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (RatRacer)

Hi Brent, my name is Cameron and I too am a nitrous junkie. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Me too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-06-2002, 01:48 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (OliverM5)

Awesome! What kind of kit did you hookup and accessories as well? :cheers:
I am using a NX Wet kit - with a hand held button (thumb) for the activation switch and I am not using ANY saftey equipment right now :eek:.

I actually feel better about my judgement rather than relying on technology to think for me.. I am a geek, hence I no trusty electronics.. hehe

However, I do plan to add the air/fuel ratio saftey switch when it comes out.. :D

Best Regards,

BP
Old 05-06-2002, 01:55 PM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (bparker)

Dude - I am very surprised at your judgement - you're NOT using a window switch on a brand new Z? Pay the $100 and save yourself a blown engine bro, especially with a 150 shot.........
Old 05-06-2002, 02:00 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (OliverM5)

Well - we tried to get the "electronic" throttle position sensor to work and it was busted we think as it would NOT work..

with the push button in hand - I can be even more conservative than a window switch.. I dont really spray till 4-4.5K and let out @ 6K..

+ I can pulse the noids and get a little out of the hole with a button - once you have tried it - then tell me its bad..

as far as the 150 shot - I will probably not stay there - as I will prolly go down to a 100 shot for the majority of the time.. well see...

BP
Old 05-06-2002, 02:31 PM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (bparker)

I'd just hate to see you blow a new engine.........think about this - what if your clutch slips and you hit the rev limiter? No human hands are quick enough to catch something that quick......no flames bro........just watching out for ya......
Old 05-06-2002, 03:24 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Or, maybe add a Top end rpm shut off switch AND the hand trigger. You could still use it and have the safety that way. Careful down low. Down low is where a lot of engines get blown. Using a maximizer/pulser is probably better if you really want to push it down low.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:01 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 586 Likes on 401 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (Tuan Le)

Hi my name is Jim aka Nitrovette and i am a horsepower junkie:D

Nitrovette :smash:
Old 05-06-2002, 06:39 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

I'd just hate to see you blow a new engine.........think about this - what if your clutch slips and you hit the rev limiter? No human hands are quick enough to catch something that quick......no flames bro........just watching out for ya......
I hear ya, and thanks for helping me steer in the right direction.. :D

This stuff is fun isnt it!!! :yesnod:
Old 05-06-2002, 06:42 PM
OliverM5
Melting Slicks

I hear ya, and thanks for helping me steer in the right direction.. :D

This stuff is fun isnt it!!! :yesnod:
One day I will gather up the ***** to join you guys.........
Old 05-06-2002, 09:00 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Brent,

Man, that's 2 cool! :) Can't wait to hear what your beast dyno's now...and what it runs at the track.

I should have my TNT kit on this week...but I'm gonna keep the pills at 100rwhp.

I also am running a button activation switch, but will install the window switch before I get the kit completely wired up.

I like the button b/c you can control in what gear and at what rpm the nitrous kicks on. I had it this way on a '96 Cobra I had and it worked flawlessly. No one wants the nitrous to come on in 1st gear (at least not on street tires) and with the button, you can arm the system but then hit it only when traction allows. :D

Here's a pic of my button switch I mounted on the stock shifter ****.

[Modified by WA 2 FST, 7:01 PM 5/6/2002]
Old 05-07-2002, 06:53 PM
Big Carrot
Burning Brakes

Yeah Yeah, I guess we did too good of a job on your install! :D Hopefully I'll get mine in good working order tomorrow and we'll see what the old junkie Dodge can really do. :lol: Bparker= :boxing =BigCarrot :D :D :D You still going to speedworks with me? Give me a call. Oh yeah, you are NOT going down to the 100 shot, just get that rediculous thought out of your head! :bs

[Modified by Big Carrot, 4:54 PM 5/7/2002]
Old 05-07-2002, 09:31 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (Big Carrot)

Yeah Yeah, I guess we did too good of a job on your install! :D Hopefully I'll get mine in good working order tomorrow and we'll see what the old junkie Dodge can really do. :lol: Bparker= :boxing =BigCarrot :D :D :D You still going to speedworks with me? Give me a call. Oh yeah, you are NOT going down to the 100 shot, just get that rediculous thought out of your head! :bs
:lol: Yep - I am game tomorrow :D I will be ready bout noon for lunch...

:seeya
Old 05-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Godspeed
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Uh oh, I have another car to watch out for on the Tollway. ;)

Old 05-08-2002, 12:27 AM
red-y
Drifting

Nitro Junkie - Is there anything like AA for us? NA? :crazy:
Getting mine next week. should be at 420RWHP - keep up with the C-5's

Get notified of new replies

To Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (wet) - OMG!!

Old 05-08-2002, 08:24 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (red-y)

Nitro Junkie - Is there anything like AA for us? NA? :crazy:
Getting mine next week. should be at 420RWHP - keep up with the C-5's
:lol: - I just registered "NitrousAnonymous.com" - who knows as we may need it one day.. :rolleyes:
Old 05-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Big Carrot
Burning Brakes

Sniff....Sniff :sad: I think I have a problem too. Can I lean on you guys? Or maybe lean my fuel jets a little? Oh heck there I go again! I need help! :cry
Old 05-08-2002, 11:41 AM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

Default Re: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (Big Carrot)

Sniff....Sniff :sad: I think I have a problem too. Can I lean on you guys? Or maybe lean my fuel jets a little? Oh heck there I go again! I need help! :cry
Please don't tell me you went lean on the motor. :eek:

Quick Reply: Well , some friends of mine talked me into running a 150 Shot today (wet) - OMG!!