C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with LS2 Throttle Body, A&A Supercharger Bracket & Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 PM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problems with LS2 Throttle Body, A&A Supercharger Bracket & Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit.

I thought I would share this to help anyone else that might run into this problem. This was all done with a factory GM bracket. I am running ls2 throttle body, A&A Procharger bracket, D1 blower, along with a Nitrous Outlet plate kit. The problem is the throttle body has to be flipped upside down to clear the A&A bracket. This makes the factory position of the power steering reservoir hit the throttle body. So they sell a kit that moves the reservoir out so it will clear. With moving this out you have to get a longer hose. Who makes a hose that will bend just right and with stand power steering fluid? You might think to go to a local auto parts store and get coolant hose. There are many coolant hoses with molded bends in them that would work great. Problem solved right? Nope. They last about a year before the power steering fluid swells them up and the leak. And if you get straight power steering hose and try to make it bend it will kink and restrict flow. This would be a normal install problem. I have it a little harder than this. I added a Nitrous Outlet plate kit which pushed the throttle body out even farther. I first started by cutting the PS bracket and extending it out by 3 inches. I had to notch the top brace so the throttle body motor would work. After doing this I used a straight PS hose but the extended 3in made the hose kink even more since the reservoir moved out and the angle of the outlets stayed angled down. I could not find a hose the would take the bend and not kink. I ended up cutting the bracket again and tilting the reservoir slightly forward and moving it up 1 in. This allowed me to run a PS hose with no kink at all. Here are some pictures of the finished product. Not sure if this will work for everyone. It worked for me.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

That mod looks familiar. I've done that a few times myself. I guess I shouldn't have been so selfish and shared the idea.

The "fix" for the kink in the hose is to put a spring inside or outside the hose to keep the ID concentric. If you do that, you'll be able to stand it upright and not have any issues with it collapsing.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:20 AM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

I was pulling my hair out trying to think of a solution. A spring would have been a great fix.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:40 AM
utryd2
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info and pics. Going through this right now with mine.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Just messed with mine yesterday. I ended up in the same position but do not have it attached to the bracket yet. Good right up.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I just bent my ps bracket until it fit. :-)
Old 07-15-2012, 02:32 AM
utryd2
Melting Slicks

What did you guys use for fuel rails? I have the rsi fuel system and when I go to put them on the mounts dont line up. About an inch to narrow. Also did anyone have any issue with ls1 style injectors? also appears that they will be at a different angle between the rails and intake. I cant confirm because I cant get my rails to mount.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 AM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

Might want to start a new post for those fuel rail issues. My Fast fuel rails mounted right up.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 AM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

If any one else has pictures or solutions to help other out on this issue. Feel free to post in this thread.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
utryd2
Melting Slicks

I talked to the guys at rsi and they sent me ls2 style brackets for my rails and it all worked out. I used my old spacers from my a@a bracket and some longer bolts to space out the power steering resiv. I had to cut the cowl for the intake and fuel rails to fit and also grind a good amount of metal off the tb and waterpump. It fits but lots of modification was needed.

Thanks for the help...this thread was very useful.

Last edited by utryd2; 08-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with LS2 Throttle Body, A&A Supercharger Bracket & Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit.

Quick Reply: Problems with LS2 Throttle Body, A&A Supercharger Bracket & Nitrous Outlet Plate Kit.