C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX cluster switch

Old 06-02-2002, 05:14 AM
numtin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX cluster switch

how did you mount your switch?

did you cut out the back piece?

also i saw no directions on what the plastic then piece is for and how it could help with the mounting of the switch.

thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:47 AM
Loud Mouth
Instructor

Default Re: NX cluster switch (numtin)

Numtin, I just installed my switch and to tell you the truth it does not fit that well. The switch panel will not fit all of the way into the hole, however the door can be closed. I wrapped the switch panel with about 10 wraps of electrical tape to make the fit better. I did not cut the backing at all to remain stock. I may go back and cut the crimp ends to make the connector a bit shorter, I think this will help the wires bend closer to the switch body and not hit the back of the ash tray plastic. I had a problem the other day when I heard the bottle opener running. I found the door had pushed the switch down and activated the opener. Hope this helps
Have fun mate!
Loud Mouth :cheers:
Old 06-03-2002, 03:34 AM
hrdtopv8
Pro

Default Re: NX cluster switch (Loud Mouth)

Numtin, I just installed my switch and to tell you the truth it does not fit that well. The switch panel will not fit all of the way into the hole, however the door can be closed. I wrapped the switch panel with about 10 wraps of electrical tape to make the fit better. I did not cut the backing at all to remain stock. I may go back and cut the crimp ends to make the connector a bit shorter, I think this will help the wires bend closer to the switch body and not hit the back of the ash tray plastic. I had a problem the other day when I heard the bottle opener running. I found the door had pushed the switch down and activated the opener. Hope this helps
Have fun mate!
Loud Mouth :cheers:
I had the same problem. I cut the plastic around the screw hole on the back side of the ashtry panel so the wires wouldn't bundle up as much and then I wrapped the cluster with 5 layers of electrical tape. This helped a little bit, but I read somewhere on the forum to use zip ties. Wrap the cluster with 2 zip ties and make sure the lock point of each zip tie is on either side of the switch cluster. This will act as a wedge and keep the cluster in place once you push the whole thing into the panel... :yesnod: :cheers:
Old 06-04-2002, 08:31 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: NX cluster switch (numtin)

In addition to the mentioned above - also cut the metal bracket out that sits right behind the unit.. :D

Get notified of new replies

To NX cluster switch

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX cluster switch