Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results of my build...

Old 05-19-2015, 12:11 AM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 817 Likes on 734 Posts

my car has been under the knife since late last year and it's finally up and going again, I figured I would just update this thread instead of starting a new one... nothing was really wrong with the car but I wanted to upgrade a few things just to prep the car in case I want to add more in the future as well as clean up the engine bay... here's a short list of what I added:

-swapped to an a&a procharger bracket and secondary drive
-IW overdrive balancer
-10 rib upgrade
-fic 127's
-custom fuel system
-billet tech alternator

before....

after....

I want to say thanks again to Bret for all the help and inspiration along the way, there were times where I wanted to give up... also thanks to Andy and Josh at a&a for all the help with the new parts, they are working out great and I regret not going this route from the beginning... my car certainly would have been running a lot sooner, lesson learned... I will probably throw it on a dyno sometime just for sh*ts and giggles so new numbers are coming soon
Old 05-19-2015, 06:34 AM
madmatt9471
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 120 Likes on 112 Posts

Looks fantastic -

Did you do the re-tune yet? due to the OD balancer and new injectors?

Results?

Thanks,Matt
Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82 View Post
my car has been under the knife since late last year and it's finally up and going again, I figured I would just update this thread instead of starting a new one... nothing was really wrong with the car but I wanted to upgrade a few things just to prep the car in case I want to add more in the future as well as clean up the engine bay... here's a short list of what I added:

-IW overdrive balancer
-10 rib upgrade
-fic 127's
-custom fuel system
-billet tech alternator

before....

after....

I want to say thanks again to Bret for all the help and inspiration along the way, there were times where I wanted to give up... also thanks to Andy and Josh at a&a for all the help with the new parts, they are working out great and I regret not going this route from the beginning... my car certainly would have been running a lot sooner, lesson learned... I will probably throw it on a dyno sometime just for sh*ts and giggles so new numbers are coming soon
how do you like the FIC 127s??? I have a set and would be interested in your experiences with tuning & idle, driveability, ect....
Old 05-19-2015, 09:21 AM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by madmatt9471 View Post
Looks fantastic -

Did you do the re-tune yet? due to the OD balancer and new injectors?

Results?

Thanks,Matt
thanks man... yep the tune was finished up on Sunday but I haven't put it on a dyno yet... if I had to guess I would say somewhere between 800-850rwhp, I am not going to push this motor anymore than what it is right now... the car runs and drives great, those injectors were recommended to me by the tuner so if he didn't like them for whatever reason then they probably wouldn't be on the car
Old 05-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Chicago1
CF Senior Member

Received 161 Likes on 123 Posts

Hells yeah man congrats. Cant wait to see some vids!!!
Old 05-19-2015, 02:01 PM
nullpointer
CF Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Awesome build and baller numbers on a stock short block 800 damn

She should rip
Old 05-19-2015, 02:13 PM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
Hells yeah man congrats. Cant wait to see some vids!!!
Originally Posted by nullpointer View Post
Awesome build and baller numbers on a stock short block 800 damn

She should rip
thanks guys... well when I first put the blower on I was only expecting about 600 and surpassed that and got the bug in me but this is about as far as I want to go with it as it is right now... I'm in good hands with my tuner and fully trust him so hopefully it will stay together for awhile so I can have some fun with it... it was a lot of freaking work but I'm starting to feel like it was worth it now that it's done lol
Old 05-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Patches
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 727 Likes on 489 Posts

Damn, how do fit those cojones in one pair of pants??!!

800+ on a stock block? Just damn . . .
Old 05-20-2015, 09:12 AM
nullpointer
CF Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Old 05-20-2015, 09:54 AM
[email protected] Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 146 Likes on 112 Posts

-IW overdrive balancer
-10 rib upgrade
-fic 127's
-custom fuel system
-billet tech alternator

Was my pleasure working on it with you as well as tuning it. Let me know when you go to the dyno.

Thanks for trusting me with your car. Pics came out great, but I think it looks way better in person.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Jason913
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That alternator looks fantastic!!!
All of it does actually. Great job
Old 05-20-2015, 10:59 AM
PEETYZ
CF Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Looking good! 800 would be pretty nasty! That is such a clean engine bay. I like it a lot.

Last edited by PEETYZ; 05-20-2015 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:24 PM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Damn, how do fit those cojones in one pair of pants??!!

800+ on a stock block? Just damn . . .
it definitely feels A LOT better than it did before... I'd like to keep it together long enough to build another motor but if anything happens I can't be mad, I know what I'm dealing with

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Was my pleasure working on it with you as well as tuning it. Let me know when you go to the dyno.

Thanks for trusting me with your car. Pics came out great, but I think it looks way better in person.
probably won't be the last time we work on it, sometimes I need motivation or someone to kick me in my *** to get going... I'm sure you will be the first to see the dyno #'s

Originally Posted by Jason913 View Post
That alternator looks fantastic!!!
All of it does actually. Great job
thanks!

Originally Posted by PEETYZ View Post
Looking good! 800 would be pretty nasty! That is such a clean engine bay. I like it a lot.
thanks man... it does feel pretty nasty, you have a built motor so you're just a pulley change away
Old 05-20-2015, 10:51 PM
4DRUSH
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice looking build
Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Your car looks great man!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:10 AM
0H8Z06
CF Senior Member

Received 571 Likes on 488 Posts

Dude, the car it "****"!!! Let's see dem numbah's!!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:41 PM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH View Post
Very nice looking build
Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6 View Post
Your car looks great man!
Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 View Post
Dude, the car it "****"!!! Let's see dem numbah's!!
thanks again for all the compliments, it is much appreciated... I will post up the new #'s as soon as I get it on a dyno... I had the car street tuned that's why I don't know exactly where it's at but I have a pretty good idea... I am more concerned with the car running properly than what # I end up with which is why I chose not to have it tuned on a dyno
Old 05-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Jason913
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I am more concerned with the car running properly than what # I end up with which is why I chose not to have it tuned on a dyno
Couldnt agree more. I am retuning mine since purchasing, with the same intentions.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:09 PM
95rtturbo
CF Senior Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I am more concerned with the car running properly than what # I end up with which is why I chose not to have it tuned on a dyno
I had my car street tuned first for the very same reason - I was very concerned with drivability. When I did put it on the dyno, I certainly wasn't disappointed - 640 WHP / 522 TQ on pure pump with only long tubes, T Trim, and supporting mods (clutch, flywheel, poly mounts, tires , etc). I doubt you will be either!

I absolutely love your engine bay - so clean, and organized! Does it drive pretty civil?
Old 05-22-2015, 10:51 PM
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 95rtturbo View Post
I had my car street tuned first for the very same reason - I was very concerned with drivability. When I did put it on the dyno, I certainly wasn't disappointed - 640 WHP / 522 TQ on pure pump with only long tubes, T Trim, and supporting mods (clutch, flywheel, poly mounts, tires , etc). I doubt you will be either!

I absolutely love your engine bay - so clean, and organized! Does it drive pretty civil?
I was more than happy with how it did the first time around on the dyno after having Bret tune it so I know I won't be disappointed this time either... the weather has sucked here for the past couple of weeks (nothing but rain everyday with the same in the forecast for at least another solid week) but the couple of chances I have had to drive it you can definitely tell a big difference, I just can't wait for the chance to really open it up when the weather clears up... you made some good #'s without having meth, have you considered doing that?... thanks, one of my main points of focus was to clean the engine bay up and it was a lot of work but hopefully that shows with the finished product... it drives great as far as the tuning part goes but the cat itself is not near as tame as a stock c5, but that comes along with the territory and I personally like it... that's what the daily is for if I want a nice quiet ride haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Results of my build...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: