Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results of my build...

 
Old 11-29-2018, 02:09 PM
  #61  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 9,017
Received 821 Likes on 736 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by _zebra View Post
sounds like mine'll be out of y'all's way this weekend, so there's a lot less frustration & head-scratching he won't have no more
are you still building boost on the top end, or is that tapering off? and are you still on stock heads? with your torque falling that much above 5500 (assuming the manifold pressure's still there), i'm guessing they could be holding you back.

...but then i don't really know much more than book stuff & theoretics when it comes to engine building.
let us know how your car does!... yeah it still builds boost and the heads are stock 243s so you're probably right

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post
That's gotta be a fun car.

Which valve covers are those?
they are gmpp covers, https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19171502.html ... I had the oil cap welded over and added -10 bungs to the rear for my breather can... I swap on an old stock valve cover on when doing oil changes, with the way everything is set up it's super simple so I don't mind it

thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it
neutron82 is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 06:20 PM
  #62  
Podium
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 625
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Thats sick Reid! That engine is crazy nice. To bad we live so far apart, we both dyno higher than most SBE ls6 cars so it would be cool to dyno same day same dyno. I was actually thinking about coming down to TX to meet everyone if I have the time. Long drive from MN.
Podium is offline  
Old 11-30-2018, 06:21 PM
  #63  
Podium
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 625
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Have yuou ever taken your car to the track? Wonder what it would trap.
Podium is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 09:16 AM
  #64  
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Turpid porpoise's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,476
Received 134 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Podium View Post
Thats sick Reid! That engine is crazy nice. To bad we live so far apart, we both dyno higher than most SBE ls6 cars so it would be cool to dyno same day same dyno. I was actually thinking about coming down to TX to meet everyone if I have the time. Long drive from MN.
Iíve been planning to do the same once I complete my build. We need to try and get a bunch of boosted C5ís to have a long distance Texas meet/dyno/track day
Turpid porpoise is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 09:43 AM
  #65  
Podium
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 625
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post


Iíve been planning to do the same once I complete my build. We need to try and get a bunch of boosted C5ís to have a long distance Texas meet/dyno/track day

I have to sell the car and get another truck to tow first. When do you think your build will be done? Id love to do some half mile events
Podium is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 01:40 PM
  #66  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 9,017
Received 821 Likes on 736 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Podium View Post
Thats sick Reid! That engine is crazy nice. To bad we live so far apart, we both dyno higher than most SBE ls6 cars so it would be cool to dyno same day same dyno. I was actually thinking about coming down to TX to meet everyone if I have the time. Long drive from MN.
Originally Posted by Podium View Post
Have yuou ever taken your car to the track? Wonder what it would trap.
we could do that lol, I thought about putting it back on the previous dyno I was on to get a better idea of the gains but it's not that big of a deal really... I went to a 1/4 mile track right after I got the clutch in over 4 years ago and it trapped 132-133 if I remember correctly with a crappy 60ft and the clutch wasn't adjusted properly so the et was shitty lol... surely it could do better now but the closest 1/4 track is about an hour and a half away and I haven't been back since and 1/8 mile is no fun to me... I have done a couple half mile events and those are very fun, it did 171 earlier this year and if they come back in April I hope to make that one

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post
Iíve been planning to do the same once I complete my build. We need to try and get a bunch of boosted C5ís to have a long distance Texas meet/dyno/track day
Originally Posted by Podium View Post
I have to sell the car and get another truck to tow first. When do you think your build will be done? Id love to do some half mile events
a half mile event would be cool, there are a handful of local members that rent out an airstrip in Arkansas and do a full mile, sonething like that would be a blast as well
neutron82 is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 03:24 PM
  #67  
_zebra
CF Senior Member
 
_zebra's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2010
Location: hot & windy
Posts: 3,036
Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts
Default

shoot, my runway's 13000ft, and even Navy Ft Worth has 12k... maybe they could set something up a little closer on a weekend
_zebra is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 07:40 PM
  #68  
tabbruzz
CF Senior Member
 
tabbruzz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 1999
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 3,135
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Default

Awesome car....looks and power..
sweet
tabbruzz is offline  
Old 12-01-2018, 09:23 PM
  #69  
Time for a C-5
CF Senior Member
 
Time for a C-5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Location: Motor City, MI
Posts: 737
Received 121 Likes on 108 Posts
Default

Subtle top notch detail everywhere in your engine bay. The more I look the more I see. Not to mention the dyno sheet. Next-level build, Neutron. Well done!
Time for a C-5 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 07:54 AM
  #70  
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Turpid porpoise's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,476
Received 134 Likes on 122 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Podium View Post
I have to sell the car and get another truck to tow first. When do you think your build will be done? Id love to do some half mile events
As soon as my new radiator mounts come in and I get some clear weather to finish tuning.

Originally Posted by neutron82 View Post
we could do that lol, I thought about putting it back on the previous dyno I was on to get a better idea of the gains but it's not that big of a deal really... I went to a 1/4 mile track right after I got the clutch in over 4 years ago and it trapped 132-133 if I remember correctly with a crappy 60ft and the clutch wasn't adjusted properly so the et was shitty lol... surely it could do better now but the closest 1/4 track is about an hour and a half away and I haven't been back since and 1/8 mile is no fun to me... I have done a couple half mile events and those are very fun, it did 171 earlier this year and if they come back in April I hope to make that one





a half mile event would be cool, there are a handful of local members that rent out an airstrip in Arkansas and do a full mile, sonething like that would be a blast as well

Id be down for an airstrip event for sure.
Turpid porpoise is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 01:45 PM
  #71  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 9,017
Received 821 Likes on 736 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tabbruzz View Post
Awesome car....looks and power..
sweet
Originally Posted by Time for a C-5 View Post
Subtle top notch detail everywhere in your engine bay. The more I look the more I see. Not to mention the dyno sheet. Next-level build, Neutron. Well done!
thanks... tabbruzz you should start up a build thread when you get working on yours and keep us updated, it gets pretty stale around here without as many people posting nowadays

Originally Posted by _zebra View Post
shoot, my runway's 13000ft, and even Navy Ft Worth has 12k... maybe they could set something up a little closer on a weekend
Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post
Id be down for an airstrip event for sure.
heck yeah I'm down for something like that too... I have no clue how much it would cost to set up something like that but we would be enough people interested to keep the costs reasonable but not so many people that we end up waiting forever to make a run
neutron82 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 06:13 PM
  #72  
Chicago1
CF Senior Member
 
Chicago1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Location: Rio Rancho NM
Posts: 11,874
Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Default

Still one of my favs!!!
Chicago1 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM
  #73  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 9,017
Received 821 Likes on 736 Posts
Default

hey man, where have you been?!... still have your c5??
neutron82 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 06:52 PM
  #74  
Chicago1
CF Senior Member
 
Chicago1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Location: Rio Rancho NM
Posts: 11,874
Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by neutron82 View Post
hey man, where have you been?!... still have your c5??

I been around mostly just reading stuff or post in OT section. I still have the vette it's just sitting there. The blower took a crap on me right before the dyno and mods. It's been sitting about a year or so now. I bought a 68 Deville so that's my new toy. I been thinking of getting rid of the vette but not sure I go back and forth. Good to see you guys are still doing work!!!

Last edited by Chicago1; 12-02-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Chicago1 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 07:48 PM
  #75  
silver408z
CF Senior Member
 
silver408z's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2010
Location: Arlington Texas
Posts: 1,142
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
I been around mostly just reading stuff or post in OT section. I still have the vette it's just sitting there. The blower took a crap on me right before the dyno and mods. It's been sitting about a year or so now. I bought a 68 Deville so that's my new toy. I been thinking of getting rid of the vette but not sure I go back and forth. Good to see you guys are still doing work!!!
Anytime I have thought about selling my car is when its not running. Get it running and I bet you will enjoy it.
silver408z is offline  
The following users liked this post:
aaronc7 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 06:40 PM
  #76  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 9,017
Received 821 Likes on 736 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
I been around mostly just reading stuff or post in OT section. I still have the vette it's just sitting there. The blower took a crap on me right before the dyno and mods. It's been sitting about a year or so now. I bought a 68 Deville so that's my new toy. I been thinking of getting rid of the vette but not sure I go back and forth. Good to see you guys are still doing work!!!
dang man that sucks!... maybe you can revive your old build thread and get it going again
neutron82 is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 09:18 PM
  #77  
helga203
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: chicago IL
Posts: 2,345
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by silver408z View Post
Anytime I have thought about selling my car is when its not running. Get it running and I bet you will enjoy it.
This is so true.
helga203 is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 09:09 PM
  #78  
neutron82
Bangin' Gears
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
neutron82's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2010
Location: Plain-0 TX
Posts: 9,017
Received 821 Likes on 736 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by _zebra View Post
shoot, my runway's 13000ft, and even Navy Ft Worth has 12k... maybe they could set something up a little closer on a weekend
so from what I've heard there aren't going to be any half mile events in our area this year, what do you think it would take to actually get something together for a small group?
neutron82 is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 10:54 PM
  #79  
_zebra
CF Senior Member
 
_zebra's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2010
Location: hot & windy
Posts: 3,036
Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts
Default

a lot of paperwork, that's for sure... but i'm friends with the folks who run the airfield, so i could at least ask. the worst they could do is laugh me out of a job.
but i know they usually have some supercar drag race when we do an airshow, and the runway's closed on most weekends, so...
_zebra is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Results of my build...


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: