C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Results of my build...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:09 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by _zebra
sounds like mine'll be out of y'all's way this weekend, so there's a lot less frustration & head-scratching he won't have no more
are you still building boost on the top end, or is that tapering off? and are you still on stock heads? with your torque falling that much above 5500 (assuming the manifold pressure's still there), i'm guessing they could be holding you back.

...but then i don't really know much more than book stuff & theoretics when it comes to engine building.
let us know how your car does!... yeah it still builds boost and the heads are stock 243s so you're probably right

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
That's gotta be a fun car.

Which valve covers are those?
they are gmpp covers, https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19171502.html ... I had the oil cap welded over and added -10 bungs to the rear for my breather can... I swap on an old stock valve cover on when doing oil changes, with the way everything is set up it's super simple so I don't mind it

thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it
Old 11-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Thats sick Reid! That engine is crazy nice. To bad we live so far apart, we both dyno higher than most SBE ls6 cars so it would be cool to dyno same day same dyno. I was actually thinking about coming down to TX to meet everyone if I have the time. Long drive from MN.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Have yuou ever taken your car to the track? Wonder what it would trap.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:16 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Thats sick Reid! That engine is crazy nice. To bad we live so far apart, we both dyno higher than most SBE ls6 cars so it would be cool to dyno same day same dyno. I was actually thinking about coming down to TX to meet everyone if I have the time. Long drive from MN.
I’ve been planning to do the same once I complete my build. We need to try and get a bunch of boosted C5’s to have a long distance Texas meet/dyno/track day
Old 12-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

I’ve been planning to do the same once I complete my build. We need to try and get a bunch of boosted C5’s to have a long distance Texas meet/dyno/track day

I have to sell the car and get another truck to tow first. When do you think your build will be done? Id love to do some half mile events
Old 12-01-2018, 01:40 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Have yuou ever taken your car to the track? Wonder what it would trap.
we could do that lol, I thought about putting it back on the previous dyno I was on to get a better idea of the gains but it's not that big of a deal really... I went to a 1/4 mile track right after I got the clutch in over 4 years ago and it trapped 132-133 if I remember correctly with a crappy 60ft and the clutch wasn't adjusted properly so the et was shitty lol... surely it could do better now but the closest 1/4 track is about an hour and a half away and I haven't been back since and 1/8 mile is no fun to me... I have done a couple half mile events and those are very fun, it did 171 earlier this year and if they come back in April I hope to make that one

I have to sell the car and get another truck to tow first. When do you think your build will be done? Id love to do some half mile events
a half mile event would be cool, there are a handful of local members that rent out an airstrip in Arkansas and do a full mile, sonething like that would be a blast as well
Old 12-01-2018, 03:24 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

shoot, my runway's 13000ft, and even Navy Ft Worth has 12k... maybe they could set something up a little closer on a weekend
Old 12-01-2018, 07:40 PM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Awesome car....looks and power..
sweet
Old 12-01-2018, 09:23 PM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts

Subtle top notch detail everywhere in your engine bay. The more I look the more I see. Not to mention the dyno sheet. Next-level build, Neutron. Well done!
Old 12-02-2018, 07:54 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

As soon as my new radiator mounts come in and I get some clear weather to finish tuning.

Originally Posted by neutron82
we could do that lol, I thought about putting it back on the previous dyno I was on to get a better idea of the gains but it's not that big of a deal really... I went to a 1/4 mile track right after I got the clutch in over 4 years ago and it trapped 132-133 if I remember correctly with a crappy 60ft and the clutch wasn't adjusted properly so the et was shitty lol... surely it could do better now but the closest 1/4 track is about an hour and a half away and I haven't been back since and 1/8 mile is no fun to me... I have done a couple half mile events and those are very fun, it did 171 earlier this year and if they come back in April I hope to make that one

a half mile event would be cool, there are a handful of local members that rent out an airstrip in Arkansas and do a full mile, sonething like that would be a blast as well

Id be down for an airstrip event for sure.
Old 12-02-2018, 01:45 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tabbruzz
Awesome car....looks and power..
sweet
Originally Posted by Time for a C-5
Subtle top notch detail everywhere in your engine bay. The more I look the more I see. Not to mention the dyno sheet. Next-level build, Neutron. Well done!
thanks... tabbruzz you should start up a build thread when you get working on yours and keep us updated, it gets pretty stale around here without as many people posting nowadays

shoot, my runway's 13000ft, and even Navy Ft Worth has 12k... maybe they could set something up a little closer on a weekend
Id be down for an airstrip event for sure.
heck yeah I'm down for something like that too... I have no clue how much it would cost to set up something like that but we would be enough people interested to keep the costs reasonable but not so many people that we end up waiting forever to make a run
Old 12-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Still one of my favs!!!
Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

hey man, where have you been?!... still have your c5??
Old 12-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
hey man, where have you been?!... still have your c5??

I been around mostly just reading stuff or post in OT section. I still have the vette it's just sitting there. The blower took a crap on me right before the dyno and mods. It's been sitting about a year or so now. I bought a 68 Deville so that's my new toy. I been thinking of getting rid of the vette but not sure I go back and forth. Good to see you guys are still doing work!!!

Last edited by Chicago1; 12-02-2018 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 07:48 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
I been around mostly just reading stuff or post in OT section. I still have the vette it's just sitting there. The blower took a crap on me right before the dyno and mods. It's been sitting about a year or so now. I bought a 68 Deville so that's my new toy. I been thinking of getting rid of the vette but not sure I go back and forth. Good to see you guys are still doing work!!!
Anytime I have thought about selling my car is when its not running. Get it running and I bet you will enjoy it.
The following users liked this post:
aaronc7 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 06:40 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chicago1
dang man that sucks!... maybe you can revive your old build thread and get it going again
Old 12-05-2018, 09:18 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by silver408z
Anytime I have thought about selling my car is when its not running. Get it running and I bet you will enjoy it.
This is so true.

Get notified of new replies

To Results of my build...

Old 05-07-2019, 09:09 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

so from what I've heard there aren't going to be any half mile events in our area this year, what do you think it would take to actually get something together for a small group?
Old 05-07-2019, 10:54 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

a lot of paperwork, that's for sure... but i'm friends with the folks who run the airfield, so i could at least ask. the worst they could do is laugh me out of a job.
but i know they usually have some supercar drag race when we do an airshow, and the runway's closed on most weekends, so...
Old 06-14-2019, 12:10 AM
jdwtx85
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Reid how many miles you got since you first put on the blower and bret tuned it?

Quick Reply: Results of my build...