C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 01:51 PM
Allgonoshow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes. (justchanna)

Quite honestly, I was just surprised to find nitrous to be so hot among corvette owners. In Southern California, nitrous is the rage with the adolescents driving H' Civics and M' Eclipse. I never really cared about their performance, knowing the really identity each pumpkin car.

I intially logged onto C' Forum assuming the muscle car guys (and me) laughed at the guys that used/needed nitrous to compete.

I know that the 'power' involved in this forum (and your yellow monster) is on a far, far different performance level. But I just didn't realize that the nitrous wave had made it on to the vette guy's 'to do' list, next to blower, t'charger, headers, chip, ...
Um...nitrous has been popular since the 60's(although it was a lot more expensive back then) for going real fast with the "musclecar guys". Go to the dragstrip and talk to some of the older racers. Big motors and nitrous is what youll hear.They run mostly NA and or spray big, on a carb, most dont want to learn fuel inj and turbo charging so its been around and its just recently got to the import scene and now you frown on it cause u associate NOS with import. Also, it's not cheating, its just another way to get more oxygen into your motor. If I remembor corectlly, Austrian Vette is running that 9.7 with spray on a stock bottom end and a head cam package allone( with the needed accessorys for the el hugo power). How else could you go faster cheaper. He didnt need it to go faster, thats just the way he went to hit 9's.

And now for the quote of the day for the NIT/FI forum: Got spray???
Old 08-31-2002, 07:56 AM
C5Cemo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes. (Allgonoshow)

Integrity lost takes a back seat to it's positive sensory effects IMHO :yesnod:
Old 09-29-2002, 06:11 PM
RCswish
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes. (C5Cemo)

Channa,

Excuse my friends (you guys are so rude)...Welcome to the Forum :cheers: See where Tuan lives...size matters, so don't mess with his NOS. Bruce1 just likes to talk about his 10.999 if you couldn't tell by his sig. The rest of us are just your basic Modaholics. Honey, NOS has been around before imports were invented...it isn't a ricer thing. Being able to drive a stock car with the performance of the ZO6 is a wonderful thing, but I would suggest you try driving in one of our modified C5's and see what you think. It is a hobby...we're not trying to desicrate the C5's original design. We are guys, guys who can't leave well enough alone. Yes NOS is the EASY way to big horse power, but you actually have to be rather skilled to use big nos shots safely. You should show up to a local Corvette event and see these cars for your self. Again, welcome to the forum

:seeya
Old 10-03-2002, 02:09 AM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes. (red-y)

I only added NOS because I am old and no one expects it.
I'm going to add it because 400 HP feels slooooowwwwww.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:49 AM
Steve'01
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes. (justchanna)

Hey J Channa. I purchased my 01 in your hometown in August of 01. I understand where you are coming from, that feeling lasted about 1 week for me. For me I consider modding my car as a hobby (obsession) and prefer to work on my car rather than watch TV or play golf. Don’t get me wrong; I have kids that like dad to go to their hockey games take them skiing or just spend time together. The wife likes me to work on the house or garden. For some it is waxing, or cruising or whatever turns you on. The nitrous is a nice area to play until you can afford or crave for more. If I may suggest some minor mods like intake and exhaust, then you may understand. The group here is very helpful and has always been friendly. Don’t give up on us, read on.
PS if you need any help with that intake or exhaust just ask. You will be surprised how many will offer help.
:seeya :seeya :seeya

Quick Reply: Nitrous? So much for the integrity of our Corvettes.